Friday, October 31, 2014

By Unknown
Darling Girl Cosmetics Superstar Serum Review
Make any mineral shadow an eyelining superstar!

When you think of a superstar, what comes to mind? Maybe someone who makes loads of money and has their face plastered on the tabloids. Perhaps someone who has their name on billboards and is seen all over television. Darling Girl Cosmetics offers all sorts of fantastic products to make you look on-par with the hottest celebrities, but the Superstar Serum does more than just make you look swanky. This little foiling gel allows any mineral shadow in your collection to suddenly break into stardom and discover its calling as an eyeliner, giving them all true superstar status in your collection.

Superstar Serum
Full size: 0.25oz dropper bottle with for $3.00 USD
Superstar Serum will turn your mineral shadows into eyeliners, or you may use it to create gorgeous foiled looks. Colors become much more intense and dramatic when foiled. The looks and possibilities are endless with Superstar Serum!

Confession time: I never wear eyeliner. In fact, I probably have no business even reviewing this product because my eyeliner-wearing days are so few and far between. But I think that's why I appreciate the Superstar Serum that much more. I'm not all that great at applying eyeliner, and I've tried all kinds - pencil, gel, liquid, that cakey stuff from Laura Mercier... I'm awful with ALL of it. 

Liquid liner especially seems to have some sort of malicious vendetta against my eyelids. So eyeliner and I have a pretty rocky past and I struggle to apply it cleanly. Yet with Superstar Serum, any color I mix up glides on so smoothly and ends up looking clean and tidy. Superstar? More like witchcraft. 




One drop from the dropper bottle seems to be almost too much, especially for a tiny bit to foil. This little bottle will definitely last for ages, even if you are a daily user. The squeeze-top applicator is perfect because it keeps the product from dripping everywhere. A quick look at the ingredients list is reassuring as well.

Ingredients:

  • Water
  • Hydroxyethylcellulose (what makes it sticky)
    • An ingredient commonly found in artificial tears, especially soothing if you suffer from dry eyes. 
  • Polysorbate 20
    • Emulsifier/solubilizer, safe if you get it in your eyes (study can be found here)
  • Potassium Sorbate
    • Preservative
  • Polyaminopropyl Biguanide
    • disinfectant and preservative used for cleaning solutions for contact lenses

Seems like a pretty safe list of ingredients, although I found some conflicting information about potassium sorbate being irritating in your eyes. As with any product, always test first because you never know what you might be sensitive to!  This is not a waterproof foiling medium though, so if you start crying with joy because you managed to apply a sharp, flawless wing, you're likely to weep all your hard work away. 

Regardless of your skill level, I think the Superstar Serum is something everyone should have tucked away in their arsenal, just in case. While I might not have the killer eyeliner chops others might, I feel like Superstar Serum can pick up the slack for me when I need to apply eyeliner in a pinch!

Gave my younger sister pink wings as per her request and didn't botch it thanks to Superstar Serum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment