Friday, October 9, 2015

By AG
Hey everyone! Today I'd like to revisit a product my fabulous co-blogger Valentine examined last year: Whipped! body crème by Villainess Soaps. I've been using it consistently for a couple months now, so I thought I'd add my perspective to Valentine's.

Disclosure note: our esteemed bath expert Jessye Bubbles purchased this product from The Soap Box Co and gifted it on to me when it didn't work for her. It was featured in her Mid-Winter Getaway.

Villainess Whipped! in Krakatoa

Villainess describes Whipped! as follows:
Whipped! body creme is thick and stiff, yet light and quite soluble - much like edible whipped heavy cream. We've used a combination of three vegetable derived emulsifiers to create a very stable, conditioning emulsion. Mango butter (so light, not greasy and very decadent), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (which sinks in like a dream), Grapeseed Oil (nutrient rich and again, so light), and Cherry Kernel Oil (also light and loaded with Vitamins A & E). A touch of silicones to ensure it leaves a soft, silky touch to your skin, and Optiphen - a brilliant paraben-free preservative that isn't a formaldehyde donor either. Whipped! has a heavy moisture content for your dry skin, enough oils to create a breathable emollient barrier, and has a velvety-soft afterfeel. You'll love it.
Whipped! has a 12-month shelf life when stored out of direct light and kept cool. We recommend using Whipped! completely within two months of your first use, and always using clean hands to prolong your creme's lifespan.
Mine is in the scent Krakatoa, which is described as follows:
Flashes of exotic foliage - coconut, banana, papaya, dewfruit, mango - amidst slightly more domestic fruits - nectarine, red apple, peach, plums, pears, and raspberries - and an explosive burst of citrus - mandarin orange, pineapple, lemon, and tangerine. Light musk, salted driftwood, sugar cane, and dry sandalwood work to ground our island paradise.


I'm seeing an awful lot of notes listed there, but honestly, my impression of the scent can be expressed in three words: tangy fruit gummies. If you like smelling like tangy, fruity candy, you'll probably get along just fine with Krakatoa. The scent sticks around for quite a while after application (easily an hour or more), and is strong enough that it is softly but readily detectable when my hands are on the keyboard. It's definitely not one to wear around anyone who's sensitive to scents.

As for the product's moisture-lending properties, it's not bad! I've been using it on my hands and my legs, which are chronically dry, especially as we're now moving into the colder months here in the Northern Hemisphere. I don't find it to be quite as moisturizing as Haus of Gloi's Pumpkin Butter and doesn't even compare to the moisture level of Darling Clandestine's Balm for Live Bodies, but it does a pretty good job. It absorbs into the palm sides of my hands within a minute or two so it's a good option for me to use when I'm typing. Interestingly, though, it takes significantly longer to absorb into the backs of my hands, and remains a little tacky/greasy there for twenty minutes or more. I've been primarily using it on my legs as I'm getting into bed every night, and it kept me moisturized through late summer, but I'm feeling the need to switch it for something heavier now that temps are dropping.

Now for the big question: would I purchase another jar? I think I prefer Haus of Gloi's Pumpkin Butters to Whipped! (I stock up on Selkie every spring), but if by some tragedy Haus were to go out of business, I think this would make a reasonable replacement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment