Wednesday, October 14, 2015

By AG
Hey everyone! We're back with the final three shades from the Super Effective collection by Shiro Cosmetics. I haven't had entirely positive reviews for some of the shades, but I'm happy to say we're ending on a high note with three solid performers. Thanks again to Kristin for doing the beautiful swatch photos! Let's jump right in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective Eyeshadow Ditto

From the website: Whenever my elementary school friend would claim that Digimon would win against Pokemon, I’d just tell him “Nuh-uh! Ditto can turn into any Digimon ever so Pokemon are like Pokemon and Digimon COMBINED! That means Pokemon are better!” And I was right.

Medium soft pink with a satin finish. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide.

Personal Comments: I was actually pretty impressed by this shade! Even over just silicone primer, Ditto takes on a really beautiful, almost pearlized finish. I used this shade in the inner corner of the eye look below, and you'll see the pearly effect is readily apparent. It needed a couple layers to totally build up but otherwise performed and blended with no problems.

Purchase Link
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective Eyeshadow Eye Contact

From the website: The rules of Pokemon are often pretty unreasonable. For instance:
“Hey! Hey you! I see you! Let’s battle!”
“Nah man, look, I only have one Pokemon left and it’s poisoned. I gotta get to the center.”
“NOPE, I SAW YOU SO YOU HAVE TO. IT’S THE RULES”

Bubbly bright shimmery pink. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide.

Personal Comments: On my eyes, this shadow looked to have more of a satin finish than a full on shimmer, at least over just silicone primer. It needed two or three layers to hit full opacity on my eye and needed a little more added after blending, but nothing dealbreaking. It blended really well.

Purchase Link
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective Eyeshadow Champion

From the website: A color worthy of trainer Red, the champion of Kanto and acknowledged strongest trainer in the world… Until Gold came along.

Poster paint red with a slight pink cast. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, red #40, silica.

Personal Comments: This is definitely not the brightest, most opaque, or most intense red you'll find from Shiro's line, but it performs just fine. I can see this being a good option for someone who wants to experiment with a bit of red in their eye looks but doesn't want to go full vampire! This one in particular wanted to blend away to nothing, but after two or three rounds of packing it on my outer corner and blending out the edges I had a level of pigmentation I was happy with.

Purchase Link
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did an eye look using the three shades above:



I started with Urban Decay Primer Potion and a base shadow in my skin tone, then just sort of whacked the three colors on around my eye. I mixed Champion with water and applied it with a fine liner brush to get the red line along my lower lashline. Ditto is very apparent in the inner corner, with that beautiful pearly finish. Eye Contact is on the inner part of my eyelid and Champion is on the outer third or so, and the rest is mostly the two pinks blended around my eye. I finished with tightline and mascara.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it for the Super Effective Collection! Have a great week everyone!

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment