Tuesday, October 27, 2015

By Unknown
Last Exit for the Lost from Sixteen92 Review
If this is what being lost smells like, please don't find me.

As I continue to carve through my most recent order from Sixteen92, I continue to be impressed with the complexity of some of the blends I've sampled. It has been over a year since the company first launched on Etsy, and it has come so far! After my last review of Paper Moon from Sixteen92 though, I was feeling a bit discouraged because the longevity was such an issue on my skin. Would the next sample be better? Next up: Last Exit for the Lost.

Last Exit for the Lost

2ml sample vial for $4.50 USD (premium fragrance)
Orchard apples, woven wood baskets, dried hay, distant chimney smoke on cool air 
Being uncouth and uncultured, I had to perform a Google search to find out that Last Exit for the Lost is a song by Fields of the Nephilim released in 1988. This fragrance is part of the Fall 2015 collection, and the collection of notes puts it right where I'd expect an autumn perfume to be.

Last Exit for the Lost, or LEftL... cripes, that sounds even worse - starts off with a bright burst of fragrant apples. It's not overly wet or juicy like some perfumes, nor does it smell like a basket of pears masquerading as apples (I find this is common too in apple perfumes).  These are apples out on the tree or recently picked in your basket, not some sickly sweet concoction whipped up at a Bath and Body shop.

After an hour of wear the scent turns dry and woodsy with a lingering twinge of sweet. Something about this scent reminds me of Riverside Hayride from Solstice Scents (another seasonal favorite), but it's warmer and drier without the cool soil notes. I suppose I can see the "woven wood baskets, dried hay, [and] distant chimney smoke on cool air," but to me this is more like "the inside of an older house with sturdy wooden floors and tall windows on a cold day - the bright sun through the windows heating up the room and spreading a soft woodsy scent."

Duration: This fragrance is not the tremendous flop Paper Moon was on my skin, but it still falls short of what I would like. I usually apply my perfumes around 6:30 AM, and this scent was barely hanging on by 10:30 AM. It has a decent throw for the first hour, but once the initial apple top notes fade away, everything hugs very close. I can see this working nicely for a hair oil, as I find those tend to hang on longer.

Score: 3/5
While I do wish this lasted longer (and it'd have a higher score if it did), I really enjoy Last Exit for the Lost. It hits all the right notes I enjoy in an autumn scent. Realistically sweet, seasonally atmospheric, and pleasantly dry. If only it would last longer!

2 comments:

  1. I got about the same wear time for this scent, but unfortunately I did not enjoy it as much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can browse between perfumes and find more about perfume notes and when to wear them. Parfum Donna Karan


    ReplyDelete