Friday, October 30, 2015

By AG
Hey everyone! As always I'm very excited to show you the Shiro Color of the Month for October 2015! This one is called 3spoopy5me and features a picture of The Count on the label so you really can't go wrong. Let's check it out!


From the website: October’s CotM might look like a somewhat unassuming deep greeny-teal in the jar, but put it on over primer and suddenly it’s copper? I’m crepped out you guys.

Color suggestion by Kayla W.!

Ingredients: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, ultramarines, chromium oxide, ferric ferrocyanide, magnesium myristrate, bronze powder, silicon dioxide, methicone. Not lip-safe.

Personal Comments: I'm sad to report these photos aren't fully representative of the eyeshadow - I took then during a quick peek of sun on an otherwise very gray day so the swatches look kind of washed out and don't really show the copper shift. I took the top row of photos in my lightbox so they show the copper off a little better. All that aside, this is a beautiful shadow. I believe the copper glitter is the same one that was used in the brand's Five Years, Stuck On My Eyes anniversary shade.

When I used this on my eyes over Urban Decay Primer Potion and a base shadow, most of the copper glitter wound up on my cheeks. I believe the Shiro team swatches over Too Faced Shadow Insurance (and obviously don't swatch over a base shadow), so that could explain the different results they mention in the website description. As I said above my photo really doesn't show it, but the copper glitter comes out beautifully over a sticky base and catches the light really nicely. The copper was a little patchy when swatching it (as you can see above) but I didn't have any issues with this when using it on my eyes. Aside from the copper fallout this shadow performed right in line with most of my Shiro shades - I had to do a few rounds of blending and reapplying to get the blend and pigmentation you see below, but that's pretty standard, I think!

Swatches are, from left to right: swiped over bare skin, patted over UDPP, patted over UDPP + Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy; this photo was taken in natural (but very gray) light. Top center swatch is the UDPP + FPE swatch taken in my lightbox to catch the glow of the copper shift. Both jar shots were done in my lightbox. I edited the label photo by increasing the contrast to help make it more true to life.

Purchase Link

I did a simple eye look to test out the shadow:



I started with UDPP, a base shadow in my skin tone, and Detrivore blush in Beloved through my crease, then applied Detrivore Gourd over the inner half of my lid and 3spoopy5me over the outer half. I applied 3spoopy5me over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy on the lower lashline to bring out the copper shift. I also put NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk on my lower waterline and patted Gourd over it. I finished the look with tightline and mascara.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

1 comments: