Tuesday, October 13, 2015

By Unknown
Summer is surely at an end for good, but some fragrances need a last hurrah!
The end of summer brings feelings of melancholy. I look forward to pumpkins, sweaters, cornstalks...but something about summer's close feels like saying goodbye to a friend, eating dinner on a Sunday evening knowing you have to go back to work or school the following day, reaching the end of a great book... you get the picture.

I was behind this year with my summer perfumes due to a self-imposed no-buy, and when I discovered that not only did Sixteen92 have a number of summer fragrances still in stock, but the one I was most curious about, Paper Moon, had become a general catalog scent, I was so excited to try it out! A little Indian Summer in October can't hurt, right?

Paper Moon

1 half-filled 2ml sample vial for $4.50 USD (premium fragrance)
Soft vanilla musk, benzoin, oakmoss, trailing ivy, peach blossom, rose 
What a great lineup of notes! Even better, Paper Moon doesn't sound like a strictly summer perfume, so let the year-long smelling commence! This fragrance was moved to the general catalog by popular demand, so clearly it's on many peoples' favorites lists.

Upon initial application Paper Moon smells like warm, sweet peach candy. In fact, it smells really similar to the Japanese Hi-Chew peach candy. Not overly sweet, just a mild twinge that's present enough to know it's there. The peach notes fade relatively quickly and aren't detectable after 15 minutes tops.

After that... not much happens.

Seriously.

I've worn this perfume for almost two straight weeks waiting to see if maybe things change, but my result is constantly the same.

Sweet milky peach followed by not much else. There's a dull hint of something - I never would have guessed vanilla musk was the first listed note before reading the lineup because I don't smell any of it. If anything from that list is even somewhat present, I'd guess maybe the oakmoss... but even that's a stretch.

I'm really not quite sure what happened. Every single time I've worn this (and I'm slathering it on like some heavy-handed-premium-fragrance-wasting-heathen) it follows the exact same pattern. Is my skin chemistry just not working with Paper Moon? Is it just too good, and my skin soaks it all up, leaving my nose with nothing? I've even tried shaking the vial to see if perhaps the mixture settled, but no dice.

Duration: I think I've said all I need to say above. I'm so disappointed with the 15-20 minute duration of this fragrance. I can't help but wonder if perhaps the EDP version has more longevity?

Score: 1/5
As much as I want to love Paper Moon, I can't. Less than half an hour of wear time is unacceptable to me, no matter how yummy the first 10-15 minutes are! I'm actually wondering if maybe my vial is part of a defective batch since I purchased it long after the summer release?

Many people really appreciate this fragrance - clearly it has a following strong enough to push it into the general catalog! I'm not sure where things went wrong, but please don't let my poor experience scare you away! Share your thoughts so I can live vicariously through you people who were able to smell the entire experience!

0 comments:

Post a Comment