Friday, October 16, 2015

By Unknown

Today I'd like to share with you a couple of eyeshadows from innocent+twisted alchemy's Haunting Refrain collection. I always recommend innocent+twisted alchemy when it comes to indie eyeshadows, since I love their pigmented and smooth formula, and it's been awhile since I've done a post using their products so I decided to review these eyeshadows.   


Linda, the owner of innocent+twisted alchemy, created the Haunting Refrain collection in an attempt to replicate Laura Mercier's highly coveted African Violet eyeshadow. I can't find any reference to the process on innocent+twisted alchemy's website or Facebook page but I remember reading about it on Etherealize Me (check out Jolie's swatches of the entire collection here!)  

Purple and gold together is one of my all-time favourite colour combinations, and one of my go-to looks for special occasions is a shimmery gold on the eyelid, with a matte purple blended into the crease. So of course a purple eyeshadow + gold sparkles is a winner in my book! 

innocent+twisted alchemy Seducing Cantabile and Alluring Descent (L-R) swatched over Urban Decay Primer Potion, photographed in sunlight.

I picked up sample clamshells of Seducing Cantabile and Alluring Descent. Seducing Cantabile is described as "a rose with purple undertones that shifts from red to gold," and Alluring Descent is described as "a pinky mauve that has a strong golden duochrome and golden sparkles."

If you're wondering if you need both of these eyeshadows, in my opinion, probably not. I think they're similar enough to warrant purchasing only one. As you can see in the photos below, the gold is much more pronounced in Alluring Descent, due to the golden glitter particles. So if you're after something  a little more subtle, I'd go for Seducing Cantabile, but if you love your shimmer and sparkles, I'd go for Alluring Descent.

innocent+twisted alchemy Seducing Cantabile and Alluring Descent (L-R) swatched over Urban Decay Primer Potion, photographed in sunlight.

Have you got any eyeshadows from the Haunting Refrain collection? Let me know if you do and what you think in the comments below!



0 comments:

Post a Comment