Monday, October 12, 2015

By AG
Hey everyone! Here's part two of our review of the Super Effective collection from Shiro Cosmetics! We looked at part one here and we'll have one final post in a couple days. Thanks so much to Kristin for taking these beautiful swatch photos!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective eyeshadow Smell Ya Later

From the website: “This is my grandson… What was his name again?

Oh! I remember now! Yes, his name was BUTTS!”

Pale, shimmery lavender. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide.

Personal Comments: Smell Ya Later is very pretty and would work nicely as a single color wash across the lid. I noted two minor issues: it needed a couple layers to prevent it from looking sheer over primer, and it tended to blend out to nothing when blending the edges. Both issues were easily solved by packing more product on.

Purchase Link
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective eyeshadow Elite Four

From the website: Land of the full restores and soft resets. My much younger self once defeated Lance the Dragon Trainer by resetting over and over until his Hyper Beam missed…

Shimmering medium indigo with golden sparks. Not lip-safe.

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, copper powder, silicon dioxide, ferric ferrocyanide.

Personal Comments: I hate to say it, but Elite Four was troublesome for me. I tried packing several layers on my outer v and couldn't get enough pigmentation to make it stand out from Smell Ya Later. I will say it looked better along my lower lashline, where it was sticking directly to the primer (I only used a base shadow on my upper lid).

I tested Elite Four alone over just primer and a base shadow in my skin tone, and found it to be fairly sheer with quite a bit of fallout. It looked great over a glitter base, but this wouldn't be my top pick unless you're willing to apply it directly over a base with some sort of grip to it.

Purchase Link
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective eyeshadow Not Very Effective

From the website: A very good reason to feel silly: the sudden realization that the Pokemon you have just attacked possesses a dual-typing which cuts your intended result in half. Whoops.

Dark purple-black with gold glitter. Not lip-safe.

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, ferric ferrocyanide.

Personal Comments: I used this shade in my outer corner, and it looked and performed like a smokey gray with moderate pigmentation. I honestly didn't realize it was supposed to appear purple until I sat down to write this review. I have a few Shiro shadows where a dark "top" color has been put over a deep charcoal base, and I find they're good for deepening my outer corner, but if I really want to bring out the "top" color in the shadow I need to put it over a sticky base.

Purchase Link
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective eyeshadow Sweet Honey

From the website: So irresistible that the simple fact of possessing it is enough to get one mugged by Team Galactic. MMMMM SWEET HONEY.

Shimmery golden champagne with a light peach/copper tint. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, silicon dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, copper powder.

Personal Comments: No complaints about this one! It had nice pigmentation and sheen over just silicone primer and I didn't have any issues blending it out.

Purchase Link
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective eyeshadow Bubblebeam

From the website: Hundreds of adorable little tickly bubbles are coming to MESS YOU UP

Bright, clear, shimmery blue. Not lip-safe.

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, ferric ferrocyanide.

Personal Comments: Bubblebeam took a bit of building to get the pigmentation you see in the eye look below, and I'm not convinced I got it fully opaque, but it was still very bright and had a ton of impact over just silicone primer.

Purchase Link
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective eyeshadow Evolve

From the website: The most excellent evolution in all of Pokemon. Best not be hatin’ on Magikarp’s Splash, because when he grows up he will murder you all.

Vivid opaque blue with subtle white shimmer. Not lip-safe.

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, silicon dioxide, ultramarine blue.

Personal Comments: I've been lusting after Chaos from the Urban Decay Electric Palette, and you know what? I think this might be a good substitute. It builds up to a beautiful opaque blue. This looked and performed more or less like a matte to me, and I didn't see any white shimmer on the eyes, but I'm not fussed because it's lovely as-is. I didn't have any blending issues.

Purchase Link
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a couple of eye looks using the shades above. For both looks I started with a layer of Urban Decay Primer Potion plus a base shadow in my skin tone. I finished both up with mascara, tightline, a nude pencil in my waterline, and an undereye concealer.

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective eyeshadow

For this look, I started by patting Smell Ya Later all over the upper lid, inner corner, and most of the lower lashline. Then I patted Elite Four into my outer v and along the outer third or so of my lower lashline. Finally I used a pencil brush to apply Not Very Effective more precisely into my outer v.

Shiro Cosmetics Super Effective eyeshadow

For this look, I used Sweet Honey, Bubblebeam, and Evolve from my inner corner to my outer corner and in the same order along my lower lashline. The outer corner looks a little sloppy because my eye wouldn't stop watering, so I had trouble getting Evolve to stick properly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep an eye out for part 3 with the last three shadows in a couple of days!

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment