Tuesday, May 26, 2015

By Unknown
Latitude from OHWTO
Fruity summer fun from OHWTO!

I can appreciate a complex, unique fragrance, but sometimes I just want to smell fun and simple. As the weather continues to warm up (and I'm on holiday!) I find myself reaching for fruity, flirty fragrances to reflect how cheerful I am now that summer is on its way! After sitting in my little perfume shoebox for far too long, finally my bottle of OHWTO's Latitude can see the light of day and get a bit of use. I've been waiting to try it!

Latitude

5mL glass bottle for $11.00 USD
Coconut flesh, lychee, mango and jackfruit, pineapple juice, vanilla, honeysuckle and magnolia. A sweet and tropical fruity-floral fragrance, perfect for the hottest summer days.
Sometimes when I perfume shop, I like to read the list of notes and ask myself, "Would I eat this?" Okay, so maybe I might be chewing on magnolias, but doesn't Latitude sound like a delicious cocktail?  Granted I haven't been experiencing the "hottest" summer days yet (or even summer at all, since it's still spring here), but I've got the summer itch, and all that can scratch it is more fruity fragrances!

Latitude in the bottle smells like strongly concentrated popsicles... if that makes sense. On the skin I smell lots of pineapple - thick and wet pineapple juice with coconut and mango. The coconut notes aren't as prominent. I like that because I feel some coconut-pineapple scents run the risk of being too strong, plus it's kind of a common blend so I was looking for something that didn't smell like your run of the mill Bath & Body Works scent.

Several years ago, I attended a 4th of July wedding in Maine on the water. You'd think being up in Maine and on an island it'd be breezy and relaxing, but we hit record temperatures. Everyone was drenched in sweat, and I don't think it ever dropped below 90F the entire day. Heat and fancy wedding clothes don't pair too well, so you can only imagine how drippy and wilted everyone was. However, there was this one positively immaculate looking older woman who somehow still managed to look pristine in the sweltering heat and she had a particular scent about her. Something about Latitude reminds me of this woman. It's similar to her scent and it's just how I'd prefer to smell on a painfully hot summer day.

Duration: This isn't a powerhouse perfume, but it has its staying power. The strong pineapple notes mellow out after about an hour, and a faint tickle of vanilla starts to peek through mingling with a wet floral note. I'm not sure if it's the honeysuckle, and frankly I don't remember honeysuckle well enough to identify it, but I like it a lot. On a hot summer day, the heat of my skin seems to amp up the mango notes and it makes it through almost a whole day!

Score: 4/5
I do really enjoy Latitude - I think it's "unique enough" compared to most mainstream fruity summer scents, but at the same time it's also simple enough that I feel like I can wear it during a hot day without worrying about it wearing off too quickly with my sweat. I'm still undecided if it was worth a full sized purchase though because I do have a lot of other fruity summer scents, so this doesn't stand out amongst the others, but it's still a safely pleasant choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment