Thursday, November 13, 2014

By Unknown
Nothing to Disclose

Hello Waffle Cosmetics' Pet Duo, L-R Corgi Butts and Cat Fluff.

Hello Waffle Cosmetics is a brand I've seen praised often, and I've been wanting to try them for awhile. Christine, the owner of Hello Waffle Cosmetics, named her brand after her cat, Waffle. 


Packaging: 

My eyeshadow jars grouped into ziplock bags and sent in a thick bubble-wrap padded enveloped. Full-sized jars had a sticky plastic seal covering the holes in the sifter, and mini jars had a little piece of tape on the side to secure them.

The jars themselves have clear lids, and if you order full-sizes from a themed collection, they will have special artwork labels (halfling jars will have the standard Hello Waffle logo label).

Selection: 

At the moment, Hello Waffle offers loose eyeshadow, pressed eyeshadow, and blush. Lip products were previously available, but they are currently being reformulated. Hello Waffle recently launched a subscription service called Visage (November's box has already sold out).

Hello Waffle offers different sizing options, samples, halflings, and full sizes.

Full Sized Blush, Full Sized Eyeshadow, and Mini Eyeshadow
Samples: 

Samples are 1/4 tsp in a ziplock baggie. Eyeshadow samples are not available for purchase individually, but mix and match samples are available in sets of five for $6.25 or ten for $12.50. Samples are also offered for many of their themed sets.

Orders $38 and under receive a free sample, which can be selected in the order comments. Orders $38 and over receive a free full-sized products, which can also be selected in the order comments.

Quality: 

I haven't had a chance to try out all of the products I've purchased yet, but I have been pleased with the pigmentation and texture of the eyeshadows I've tried. 


Kristin adds: Eyeshadows are creamy and pigmented. We recently featured the 1000 Likes Collection in a Collection Spotlight post. Check it out for swatches of the set!

Cost

Single eyeshadows are $3.25 for halflings (1/3 tsp in a 3g jar, no sifter) and $6 for full sizes (3/4 tsp or 2g in a 5g jar with a sifter). Blushes are $1.25 for a sample, halflings are $5.25, and $8.50. Sets are discounted, so if you've got your eye on several individual eyeshadows, it would be best to order a Mix and Match set of 5 or 10 eyeshadows.

Kristin adds: Hello Waffle also has "Waffle Wednesdays" where different promotions are advertised on their facebook page.

Customer Service

I haven't had to contact customer service, but the owner, Christine, is very active on Reddit and the Hello Waffle Facebook page.

TAT

The current turnaround time is listed on the homepage, and at the moment it is 4-12 business days. My order was shipped 10 business days after I had placed it (I ordered during a sale).

Shipping

Shipping costs a flat rate of $6, for both domestic (within Canada) and international orders.

There is no expected shipping time listen on the site, but my order reached me 14 business days after it shipped. The email I received from PayPal the day it shipped said that Canada Post International Small Packets Air take between 6 and 10 business days so my package exceeded that by a few days. I'm not too bothered since Aylmer, Quebec is very far away from Perth, Western Australia (over 18,000km/11,000miles!)

Personal Thoughts: 

My only complaint is that I wish Hello Waffle wasn't so far away! However, luckily for Australians like myself, Beauty Bohemia now stocks some full-sized Hello Waffle Cosmetics (and Femme Fatale Cosmetics will be soon!). I really like the artwork on the themed collections, I didn't hesitate to purchase the entire full-sized Musicians Collection since I studied classical piano and the theme really struck a chord with me (pun intended hehe).

I also really appreciate that there is a Best Sellers tab on the website; many indie brands have hundreds of eyeshadows available and it can be overwhelming trying to narrow them down. Another very helpful feature on the website is the Events tab, which has a calendar listing upcoming sales, collection/product releases, and Visage subscription opening times.

Have you tried Hello Waffle Cosmetics? What are your favourite products?

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

1 comments: