Friday, November 14, 2014

By Kristin

Ladies and Gentlemen, I proudly present to you, my first ever indie empty. I am ridiculously fickle and have failed at finishing any of my indie products. This includes makeup, skincare, and bath/body products with the exception of bath bombs and other one use items. I've never even finished a sample vial of perfume! There's always something else out there that always grabs my attention or something shiny to play with.

But this. This was different.


This is Haus of Gloi's Emulsifying Scrub in Satyr. The Emulsifying Scrubs are labeled as Sugar Exfoliants but sold under the Emulsifying Scrub heading on their website.

AG talked a bit about these in Lisa's Haus of Gloi Company Overview but they're excellent and deserve a post of their own.

The texture of sugar scrubs can be hit or miss for me. Sometimes they're too grainy and sometimes the sugar dissolves away before I get any exfoliation. Haus of Gloi has a winning formula. I'll rub this on in the shower after soaping and it doesn't leave me feeling overly oiled but still nicely moisturized. And, happily, the oil formulation helps the scent to stick around for awhile after.

I loved the scent of Satyr and I've already picked up a full size of the scrub and a mini of the body butter.

From the website:
Absolutely fiendish creature! And quite frolicsome: Italian blood orange drizzled with blackened vanilla.
It smells like a Creamsicle. Haters of vanilla should steer clear of this scent but for those of you who love the stuff, this is definitely a winner. The orange and vanilla blend together and the result is creamy and sweet.

Purchase Link

Have you tried Satyr or any of Haus of Gloi's Sugar Exfoliants?

0 comments:

Post a Comment