Friday, May 23, 2014

By Kristin


It's always exciting when an indie releases a new kind of product! Darling Girl Cosmetics has just added four colorful gel eyeliners to their lineup. Susan was kind enough to send me "Blue My Mind" to swatch and review but the liners also come in a dark brown, dark green, and bright red if those colors are more to your liking. Personally, I thought that this blue shade was gorgeous.

From the website:
Eye Candy gel liners have a smooth, creamy formula that is smudge proof, water resistant and long wearing.  Your Eye Candy will come with a mini angled liner brush and a zippered pouch to keep it in.
Blue My Mind - Royal Blue loaded with strong blue iridescence.
Removal works best with a creamy oil based makeup remover.
Packaging: 5g square jar with approximately .17 oz of product. 
Always keep the lid on and jar closed tightly when not in use to prevent the product from drying out.
Ingredients: Cyclopentaxiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ceresin, Carnauba Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Propylene carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerine.  May also contain: Iron Oxide, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate and Synthetic Fluorophylogopite.

As you can see from the pictures above, the eyeliner comes in DGC's new eyeshadow jar (square as opposed to the previous round ones) and with a small slanted brush. The brush is pretty tiny and I probably wouldn't use it unless I was really desperate since I find the shortshort handle to be a little hard to control. However, if you don't have a gel eyeliner brush that you prefer, this included one isn't a bad place to start.


I did have a farther away swatch pic taken but I seem to have misplaced my camera in my recent move. Luckily, I think this macro shot shows everything that I wanted to point out anyway.

As to color, the shade is wonderful. It's a really pretty, vivid blue that draws plenty of attention on its own. I also really liked the formula. It stayed nice and put on my monolids without smudging. However, there's quite a bit of sparkle in this eyeliner and I did experience some uncomfortable fallout on initial application (read: bits of glitter in my eye). It also applies a little patchy on just a swipe so this may not be an eyeliner to pick on days when you're in a hurry.

Definitely a solid new product from Darling Girl. I'm interested in picking up the Chocolate Cherries shade but I'm a little wary of the glitter to be honest.

Readers! Have any of you gotten the chance to try it? Are you thinking about it?

Purchase Link















Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

2 comments:

  1. Not me. They are pretty, but I have so many already I need to use before I get more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I totally understand! It's really hard to use up a full gel eyeliner.

      Delete