Thursday, May 8, 2014

By Unknown


ILNP Nostalgia and Cygnus Loop, nestled in their ILNP tissue paper. Freakin' gorgeous.


Purchased

So, although I got interested in nail polish before I got interested in makeup, I haven't quite reached the same mad, obsessive hoarder level with my nail polish collection that I have with cosmetics. (Thank God.) I'm usually pretty good at admiring polish swatches online but not buying them, but my resistance finally crumbled when I encountered I Love Nail Polish (ILNP)--I kept Googling swatches, putting the same polishes in my cart on Etsy, taking them out again, putting them back again, taking them out again, putting them back again... until I eventually caved and bought a couple.

SERIOUSLY. Are these not some of the prettiest multichrome polishes you've ever seen? Well, maybe not my photos of them. I'm still learning to take nail polish photos, so these don't really do the polish justice. But look at the COLORS. Just LOOK AT THEM.

Cygnus Loop. Is this not one of the prettiest nail polishes you've ever seen? I took the picture under water to show off the multichrome better.

GAH. It's SO PRETTY.

ILNP is an indie nail polish company (duh) founded in 2012 and based in Las Vegas. They make nail polish. Pretty, pretty nail polish.

Packaging: 
ILNP's packaging is impressive--very professional; sleek and glossy, there's definitely no handmade look to these. The box and tissue paper are both branded with the ILNP logo. The polishes come in black cardboard boxes with the ingredients printed on them and the appropriate warning symbols (note that they are 3-free polishes).



The bottles have matte black caps, shaker beads to help mix the polish, and stickers on the bottom with the name of each shade.

Selection: 
ILNP has both a main storefront and an Etsy shop. I ordered from the Etsy shop so I wouldn't have to make an account on the main site. The Etsy shop currently lists 69 items, and the main site lists 71.

Both the nail polishes I ordered, Nostalgia and Cygnus Loop, were from the Ultra Chromes collection of multichrome/duochrome polishes.

The site features the following polish categories:
  • Holographics
  • Ultra Chromes
  • Holographic Ultra Chromes
  • Rich Effect--these seem to be dark glass fleck polishes, and are described as follows on the site: "Rich Effect polishes are formulated with deep color and complimentary effect pigments; specifically designed to exhibit a sophisticated and luxurious look on your fingertips."
  • Glitter Toppers
  • Cremes
  • Jellies
  • Ultra Minis--these are 3 mL bottles offered for $3.75 each
The site has a nice feature where you can click on boxes on the left-hand side to narrow your selection by color, glitter density, glitter shape, base type (e.g. jelly), special effects (e.g. holographic), and price.

ILNP Nostalgia

Samples: 
I don't think samples are available, aside from the limited selection of Ultra Minis, which are 3 mL for $3.75 as opposed to the normal 12 mL for $10-$12.50. I didn't receive free samples in my order (nor was I expecting to).

Quality:
The quality of the polishes I ordered was quite good. You can see how beautiful the colors are, but I did find a few sort of bald-looking spots when applying, and ended up applying 3 coats of each to get the color as even as possible. You could definitely get away with 2. The finish was nice and smooth, no excessive brushstrokes, bubbling, or lumpiness.

I used a basecoat and top coat and have had excellent wear time with both colors, just some tip wear and a bit of flaking, but the manicures looked nearly as good as new for about 4 or 5 days (which is when I got bored and changed my polish).

I forgot to take a photo of the brush, sorry--but it's a fairly normal round brush, similar to the brush on my Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine polishes, and I didn't notice any splaying or stray hairs.

Cost:
The 12 mL bottles range from $10 for most polishes to $12.50 for the Ultra Chromes. The mini bottles are $3.75 for 3 mL. You can also purchase the entire Spring Collection, 11 polishes, for $120, but since it contains 4 Ultra Chromes and 7 other polishes, this doesn't seem to be a cost savings.

Customer Service:
I didn't contact ILNP's customer service, but they have a 5-star rating on Etsy with 1673 reviews, so that suggests that customers are generally happy. Their customer service page details their FAQ and the different ways of reaching them.
 
TAT:
The turnaround time seems to be very good; my order was shipped the day after it was placed, and arrived a few days later. 


Shipping:
ILNP offers shipping by USPS First Class or Priority Mail, with tracking. Their policies are listed here. Shipping for my bottles on Etsy (US Domestic first class) was priced at $3.25 for the first bottle and $1.30 for additional bottles. They do ship internationally, and their site does not list any exclusions for shipping destinations, although they have a caveat about longer turnaround times for international customers.

Personal Thoughts:
ILNP's multichrome polishes are ridiculously beautiful and I will absolutely buy more of them at some point. I would recommend you do the same. It was hard for me to even look at other types of polish on their site because I was so enthralled with the Ultra Chrome pictures. However, the other finishes look beautiful as well--perhaps next time I'll pick up a couple of minis to try out. I have never, ever finished a bottle of nail polish that wasn't a top or base coat, so there's really no need to buy full sized bottles if I can get a mini of a color I want instead.


ILNP Nostalgia

Nostalgia is a green-copper-pink multichrome--Chanel Peridot's overachieving little sister.

ILNP Cygnus Loop
Cygnus Loop flashes basically every color of the rainbow--gold, red, blue, green, and purple--but the general impression on nails is of a dark bluish purple.

I don't know about the cruelty-free/vegan status of these polishes.

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment