Thursday, July 2, 2015

By AG
Hey everyone! Thursdays are normally our Company Overview days, but since I haven't tried any companies that my fabulous co-bloggers haven't already written about, I'mma show you my eyeball instead.

Disclosure note: I purchased everything shown here except Baroque Versailles, which was a gift.

A group of my friends challenged each other to do a red eyeshadow look. I cheered loudly because I've been a bit obsessed with red eyeshadow lately and promptly put together this look:


To achieve this look, I did the following:

1. I started with Urban Decay Primer Potion, a silicone primer.

2. I laid down Detrivore Ossuary, a base shadow close to my skin tone. (Side note: I realized recently that the post-Shiro version of Ossuary is notably darker and peachier than the pre-Shiro jar I've been working from, so keep that in mind if you're looking for base shadow recommendations!)

3. I used a fluffy brush to blend Femme Fatale Cosmetics Flare (bright red with gold shimmer/duochrome) through my crease. It actually appeared more or less matte when blended out like this - no shimmer or duo to be found.

4. I patted My Pretty Zombie Epistaxis (matte red) on the lid and blended it into Flare. I'd been hoping for a bit more contrast between the two colors but they look pretty similar on the eye. We haven't swatched Epistaxis here on Indie Know yet, but you can check out a swatch here on my Instagram account if you're curious.

5. I used DreamWorld Hermetica Arthur's Shield (matte brown) to deepen the outer v.

6. I patted a couple layers of Baroque Versailles (metallic gold) on the center of my lid and in my inner corner. I was disappointed to see its impact was lost on the center of my lid because it quickly got blended away from my eyelid rubbing on itself. Next time I use this shade I'll likely put it over glitter glue to make it stick around, because it is a beautiful molten gold at full opacity.

A quick note about the photo - I've been consistently having trouble making my eye photos (almost always taken in partial sun) appear as vibrant as they do in real life, so unfortunately these colors look fairly muted here. In reality, Flare and Epistaxis are two of the brightest and most intense red eyeshadows I own! I'll keep practicing and see if I can improve this. Enjoy the rest of your week, everyone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment