Friday, July 24, 2015

By Kristin
Future Primitive Conditioning Hair Rinse

Future Primitive
Conditioning Hair Rinse

It's only been a couple months since we touched on this last but I've been using Future Prim's Conditioning Hair Rinse basically every day since (I say basically not because I've had instances where I've passed over it but on some days, I haven't had the time to take a shower...). In my last order, I picked up a second scent for my fortunately-for-my-wallet slowly growing stash.

I absolutely love this stuff.

Blackcurrant Damson Frangipane is my favorite of the two. I'm a little sad to report that I don't love Elijah's Comfort in Conditioning Hair Rinse form as much as I love the scent in other forms - my favorite form is as a Bubbling Scrub. But it's given me a chance to evaluate the product on its own without being distracted by how much I love smelling like berries.

Future Primitive Conditioning Hair Rinse
I know what you're thinking. Get your mind out of the gutter!

In hair rinse form, Elijah's Comfort smells tasty out of the bottle - a little less sweet compared to other mediums - but that sweet lemongrass scent is nice and familiar mixed with the Ylang Ylang blossoms. The main difference comes after I've gotten out of the shower. My hair will still smell like lemongrass but it's less sweet and more herbal. Jessye says that it makes my hair smell like sunshine. It's not entirely up my alley though.

Ingredients: Aqua, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Sodium lactate, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Olea europea (olive) fruit oil, In-house fragrance and/or essential oil blend, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl glycol.

As a conditioner, I still get distracted by how soft my hair is after using it. I play with my hair much more recently.

I run it through my hair after I finish everything else in the shower - having learned that my hair is long enough that if I'm soaping everything up, the conditioner gets soaped out of my hair via the soap on my back - and rub it in while I'm rinsing off. I've also used it as a leave-in conditioner and just not rinsed it fully out before drying off. It doesn't leave a residue and my hair seems to love absorbing it. I haven't noticed any oil marks on my pillowcases even if I fall asleep with my hair still wet.

Future Primitive Conditioning Hair Rinse
The black cap is new!
The product itself is creamy but not oily feeling. It's about the consistency of a liquid soap and definitely more runny than commercial conditioners.

Future Prim recently switched out the bottle tops, from one that clicks up to a simple flip top. Both dispense the product equally well but I'm glad for the switch. As you can probably tell from the picture below, mine is getting a little grody looking from the conditioner being stuck between edges.

Jessye adds: My feelings on this conditioner have not changed. I pair it with Future Primitive's whipped soap as shampoo, and I can wash my hair every other day, which is huge for me. I used to be lucky if I could go 20 hours without washing my hair. I have tried pairing it with Haus of Gloi's whipped soap, and it does not work as well- I have to either use just the whipped soap or wash it again the next day. This is something to do specifically with Future Prim's whipped soap. But I still love using it. I've switched out the scents twice trying to find the perfect one for my hair and finally settled on Clotted Peach Cream. Peaches! Peaches, Peaches, Peaches! Did I mention Peaches?

Jessye: I can't tell you how effective this conditioner is for anyone else. My hair is about an inch and a half long. It spends as much time in my hair as it takes me to rinse it out.I don't need to let it soak it, and I don't need to give it much time. It just needs to go in and get very well rinsed out. But I am quite the fan, regardless.

AG adds: Princess hair! The good news is the conditioner fits well in my routine and it doesn't take much to give me fabulous defined curls. I get a ton of volume the first day but then it all deflates after I sleep on it. :(

As I mentioned in our previous review, this conditioner is definitely more expensive than a commercial one, currently 8 GBP for 7.14 fl oz- roughly $12.50 with today's conversion rate. It can be a little hard to stomach when coming from Pantene Pro-V at $3.48 for 12.6 fl oz. This is also slightly more expensive than the other indie hair conditioners that I've heard of but I haven't tried any others so can't compare for quality.

Sadly expensive, especially with the exchange rate, but highly highly recommended.

Are any of you Future Prim fans? What scent should I pick up next?

2 comments:

  1. To add, I have very thick hair that is now medium short and i love love love this stuff, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm in the process of converting all my friends because friends don't let friends use sub-par conditioner. XD

      What's your favorite scent?

      Delete