Friday, July 17, 2015

By AG

Hey everyone! I've got a quick review for you today on a product I've been using a lot now that the US is into the summer months. Let's take a look at Darling Girl's bronzer in Beach Baby! Since we're talking face products, it will be helpful for you to know that I roughly match MAC's NC15, and I am a perfect match to Meow's Sleek Korat and DreamWorld Hermetica's Juno II. If you want to see Beach Baby on my co-blogger Kristin's skin tone, she recently swatched it here.

Beach Baby is described as "Earthy peach with a very soft golden undertone."As of writing this post, you can pick up a petit jar for $2.50 or a full size jar for $5.90. They come in the same petit and full size jars as the brand's blushes. Here's how my full size looks:

Darling Girl Cosmetics Bronzer Beach Baby

Just in case you need a reference for the jar size, here's how it looks in my hand:

Darling Girl Cosmetics Bronzer Beach Baby

And finally, let's check out some swatches! I actually have older photos of all three of Darling Girl's bronzers swatched side by side, so hopefully that will be even more helpful than a swatch of just Beach Baby. Here's how they all look:

Darling Girl Cosmetics Bronzer Beach Baby

From left to right these are Barbados Beauty (petit), Beach Baby (full size), and Maui Minx (petit). Barbados Beauty is quite warm, Beach Baby seems to be neutral-leaning-warm, and Maui Minx looks almost cool-toned to my eyes. 

My personal preference is to use bronzers to add some warmth to the high points of my face, faking a bit of color where the sun naturally hits it. I don't use bronzer every day, but some days (especially in the summer months) I'll get done with blush and find I still look a little washed out. On these days, I take a small blush brush and apply a little bit of Beach Baby to the "corners" of my forehead, the tops of my cheekbones, across the bridge of my nose, and sometimes along my jawline if needed to balance everything out.

Beach Baby is my absolute perfect product for this because the color is dead on for my preferences and it's very subtle. It's not apparent I've added color, but I'll suddenly look a lot less ill when I apply this. It's also worth noting that I can spot a few sparkles when I look at my arm swatches in the sun, but they disappear on my face. No complaints about application or longevity - it goes on smoothly (no streaks or patchiness), blends out nicely, and I don't have any problems getting it to last through the workday on my dry skin. 

Have you tried Darling Girl's bronzers before? 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, Maui Minx looks like a nice contour! But Beach Baby looks like a very nice bronzer, too. Hmm. Will look into these, thank you! Looking for a new bronzer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it as a contour, but Maui Minx could very well work for that! I'd love to hear what you think if you try any of these!

      Delete
  2. I think the last one looks like a great bronzer for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with any of them, the formula is great! If you pick one up I hope it works well for you!

      Delete