Sunday, July 12, 2015

By Unknown

Kheimistrii Whip'd Soap Whipped


Kheimistrii Product Review

On Thursday, glorious editor and blogette Kristin told you all about her purchasing experience with Kheimistrii. Today, we’re going to talk about their products. We bought a good variety of products but somehow managed to miss buying ANY moisturizer. Mayhaps in the near future, I’ll see about getting samples of all their moisturizers, and we can play compare and contrast.

My personal part of this review will be small; I rushed my purchasing and did not spend enough time making my decisions. But that is not to say that I regret my purchases. So after my small contribution, and throughout my small contribution, expect a lot of Kristin shooting through here, telling you about way more products than I purchased, so here we go.


Whipped Soap

Indonesian Autumn 

A unisex scent with masculine notes of Indonesian teakwood, amber & patchouli. 
(This is from the website link. The jar says, “teakwood, amber, patchouli, fallen leaves.)

Kheimistrii Whip'd Soap Whipped Milk WastedThis is a pretty tacky, fluffy whipped soap, with a harder density in its center. I have a line graph in my notebook on whipped soap densities. (I will share this with you some day- when it’s a little more complete.) This one sits between Solstice Scents and Haus of Gloi but still denser than Queen Bee Apothecary Try #2.

It also works pretty well as a shampoo. It definitely needs to be used with a conditioner, for those of you with drier hair. I used it last night without conditioner so I could gauge it- my hair is a fluffball today it’s so clean. I have naturally oily hair though so I can get away without using conditioner if I really want, but even I would like some conditioner with this one.

You can smell this soap without even opening it. I don’t remember this upon pulling off the plastic so mayhaps I got some soap on the outside. This is a very soft wood smell. They blend together beautifully to give this wonderful Autumn scent. The amber sticks out just a little, perhaps the teakwood, but mostly they just blend together beautifully. I really love this scent.

Purchase Link

Corozal

An exotic, complex blend of real cocoa, betwixt essential oils of clary sage, vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli, mandarin, neroli, grapefruit & lemon, melded with blondewood, eucalyptus, jasmine, lavender, cedar, rose, vanilla musk, cinnamon and clove.
The sage in this one comes out really well, giving it a slightly astringent clean smell. The lavender comes out just a touch as well. I really wish I could pull out all of these scents and tell you how they contribute to this scent as a whole. I think the other smell that comes out is the vetiver of the eucalyptus- there is a touch of masculine, nasal-clearing scent. It’s a refreshing, lovely scent that I would probably buy in full size if I ever actually ran low on soap. (Hint- my bathroom is second only to Kristin in its soap-inventory ridiculousness.)

Purchase Link

Milk Wasted

A creamy, velvety-smooth concoction of fresh milk accord, speckled by crushed tonka bean, dipped in santalum, churned with vanilla cream and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Mmmm...Got milk!? 
Kristin: This is a great whipped soap formula. It's very soft, very creamy, and lathers wonderfully on a loofa. After using it, I feel clean without any residual dryness or leftover oils.

Kristin: However, I'm a little conflicted about this scent. It's a little addictive but I'm still not sure if I actually like it. It's one of the best milk-based scents that I've ever tried but it's more like a sweet milk-flavored candy than milk itself. Probably closer to a vanilla bean ice cream. I'm usually all about dessert scents but there's just something about this one that hits me in a too much vanilla way.

Purchase Link


Solid Soap

French Kiss

Kheimistrii Bar Soap French Kiss
A troika of vanillas, interrupted by freesia, heliotrope & ylang-ylang, intruded upon by rosewood, cloaked by shaved almonds and dusted with powdered sugar.
Kristin: I seriously need to stop buying bar soaps. I use them up much slower than any other bath product and I'm starting to collect a pretty large back-log. Despite that, I'm still not sad to have added this one to the stack. It's much prettier in person than on the product page.

Kristin: This soap lathers well and leaves my hands feeling soft. My hands feel slightly moisturized after using - as if I'd lotion-ed my hands a few hours prior - not extremely noticeably so but at the very least, they don't feel dry.

Kristin: This version of vanilla is much gentler than Milk Wasted above. The floral notes temper the vanilla nicely though nothing else really sticks out as dominant. Not even the ylang-ylang which I usually pick up pretty easily. The scent lingers after washing and sticks around for a bit.

Purchase Link


Marshmallow Bath Cube

Trop Pop

crisp nuggets of fresh lemon-infused ginger, effervescence, spices, cinnamon musk
Kheimistrii Moisturizing Bath Cube Trop PopThis is a little weird. Here is its How to Use as given by the store-
Cube may be used like a regular bar of soap, by using a wash cloth, bath pouf or bath sponge. I do not suggest a shower glove, as the texture may cause bar to disintegrate quickly. You may also use by breaking off small pieces. Please make sure that your Marshmallow cube is kept out of standing water and placed on a vented dish to dry. This will ensure a longer lasting cube.
My soap dish in my shower is as far away from the showerhead as it can be, and it still occasionally gets wet. I don’t know how this happens. So I just ripped a chunk off the cube and used it as bar soap like I normally would. And then I was left with little bits of soap that went down the drain because what am I going to do with them. It might be better for people who use a loofah or washcloth. I do not.

Kristin adds: I also grabbed one of these. I failed at reading the description and actually thought it was a bath bomb type of product. The texture of this thing is odd and pretty surprising. I tried to show it in the pictures above but it's actually squishy, like an actual marshmallow. If you squeeze the cube, there's a bit of give before a piece comes off and then it's just slightly tacky.

Kristin: I wasn't a fan of this particular product though I strongly applaud the shop for innovation. I found the tearing off a bit before use part to be annoying since it made my fingers a little sticky - though it was a very minor problem since it was right before I washed my hands anyway.

This is a weird smelling one for me too. I keep looking at the scent list and see nothing that comes out as “a sparkly floral.” This comes over as clean, but very feminine, which is awkward since I bought it to share with Mr. J- he loves cinnamon, and I love ginger. I am uncertain how floral came out of this- maybe this is just weirdness on my part, and you’ll love it, but it is not for me in scent. I’ll stick with my Indonesian Autumn and Corozal.

Kristin adds: I agree with Jessye. Trop Pop isn't a scent for me. To my nose, it's sweet in a punch in the face kind of way and definitely too strong for my personal preference.

Purchase Link


Sugarcreme Scrub

Mr. Freeze

butter-rich pound cake, orange zest, mango, vanilla cream 
Kheimistrii Sugar Scrub Exfoliant Sugarcreme Mr. Freeze

Kristin: The exfoliating particles are pretty rough in this scrub. I liked it for rough patches but wouldn't recommend it for daily use. It does emulsify really well though the residual oil was too heavy for my summer skin. I might try this one again in the winter when I need a little heavier exfoliation and more moisture. 

Kristin: Perhaps because of the high oil content, the scrub is surprisingly light and creamy feeling. Some scrubs feel as though you could roll them into tiny balls and they would hold the shape. This is definitely not one of them. 

Kristin: I do really like this scent. It's buttery in a creamy kind of way and there's just a hint of something extra that makes it more interesting than just a regular buttery cake scent. I'm not sure that I ever would have guessed "mango" but whatever it is finishes off the scent in a really nice way. In scrub form, the scent does linger quite a bit and after awhile becomes a little cloying. But this may be more of a personal issue since I tend to get tired of scents pretty quickly. I'm considering picking this scent up in another kind of product but sadly at the time of this writing, it's only available in body lotion form.


Bubbling Scrub

Countryside Cooler

Delightfully chilled spa water with refreshing chunks of honeydew & cantaloupe melon, crisp cucumber and surrounded by an arrangement of white florals. 
Kheimistrii Bubbling Scrub Exfoliant Countryside Cooler

Kristin: This is another surprisingly creamy and lightweight product. I can actually hear tiny air pockets fizzing when I stick my finger in the jar. It feels like it uses the same kind of exfoliating particles as the Sugarcreme scrub so it's still a little harsh but there seems to be less of it so it isn't quite as abrasive. It bubbles nicely but isn't as fizzy feeling as the bubbling scrubs from Future Primitive.

Kristin: I really liked this scent too. It has the clean impression of cucumber but to my nose, the honeydew melon is the strongest. It's not an overwhelmingly strong scent like some of the other products and though the scent stayed for a bit, I noticed it less and it gradually faded away. This is definitely a scent that reminds me of summer.

Purchase Link

Final Thoughts

Overall, I am loving these whipped soaps and maybe in the next year, we’ll look into their moisturizers. I’d love to say sooner than that, but I just realized I have a spring scent review I need to get out next review. Apparently, I’m a hair behind. Hopefully, we’ll catch up soon because Autumn? Autumn is my buying season!

Kristin adds: I've definitely been impressed with the things I've tried from the company. There are plenty of companies with whipped soaps and scrubs but I think that Kheimistrii did some interesting things with their formulas - even if I didn't particularly like some of them. They've also shown to be innovative in a really fun way. I'm still a little hesitant to try some of their pricier products but we'll see how I feel when the next sale comes around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment