Sunday, July 26, 2015

By Unknown
Sixteen92 Shower Gel

Sixteen92
Bath and Body

If you look through our archives, you’ll see reviews of Sixteen92’s perfumes, as well as our company overview. But we haven’t touched base on other products they create and sell.Today, we are looking at their bath and body products, specifically shower gel and body lotion! While looking at their website, I found out they make hair oil, detangling hair mist, and sea salt hair mist. I wish I could use any of these products. I digress. We purchased these at The Soap Box Company, and upon looking, they're still in stock. Sixteen92’s website has only the body lotion currently.

Shower Gel

Sixteen92 Shower Gel The Orchard Keeper

The Orchard Keeper 

Night blooming jasmine, peach, apricot, pink pepper, and sandalwood.
Sixteen92 Shower Gel The Orchard KeeperAs body wash goes, I have little complaint on this one. To me, it seems like most other body washes out there. I leave the shower feeling clean, but not dried out, which is pretty much all I ask of my bathing products, and if I really like them and they dry me out, well that’s why there’s lotion.

I took photos of my bottle for you after it sat in the shower for awhile. Sheer laziness on my part- I haven’t been using it, but I haven’t bothered to take it out of my shower recently either. The dye on the label bleeds pretty badly. Everything is still readable, but there is a pink bleed all around the black.

I’m not sure how to explain this scent. It’s definitely a floral heavy scent, but there’s something else in there. Sniffing it straight out of the bottle, I can get hints of the pink pepper first before the floral comes in underneath it. I can’t really smell the sandalwood at all, nor any hints of wood.

Purchase Link

White Grapefruit & Peach 

A sparkling cocktail of white grapefruit juice and white peach nectar. A light and subtle citrus zing pairs nicely with sweet peach and a hint of champagne fizz.
Kristin adds: I was kind of confused when I first started using this. I haven't had any experience with bath/shower gels before so I went through a bit of a learning curve to figure out the best way to use it.

Kristin: The consistency is a little less viscous than a drugstore hair gel -similar to a liquid hand soap- and it has a nice smooth feel to it. I tried it both with a loofa and straight on the body and found that it feels more effective (and the scent is much much stronger) applied straight. It still lathered up with a loofa but it didn't feel like anything other than bubbles.

Kristin: I love this scent. I was actually a little nervous about how this one would smell because I don't have a history of liking peach but the description sounded similar to a bellini cocktail so I was intrigued. As it turns out, this one just smells like lychee fruit to me. I stuck it under a friend's nose and she agreed that it was lychee-esque but suggested that it had a bit of an artificial note to it. While in the bottle, there's a bit of astringency but I don't smell it when using it in the shower.

Kristin: The scent isn't overly strong in shower gel form. It becomes just a hint while on a loofa but even when on the hands, it's pretty subtle. It does linger though

Purchase Link

Hand & Body Lotion

White Grapefruit & Peach 


Sixteen92 Hand and Body Lotion White Grapefruit and Peach
A sparkling cocktail of white grapefruit juice and white peach nectar. A light and subtle citrus zing pairs nicely with sweet peach and a hint of champagne fizz.
This is the lotioniest lotion that ever lotioned. It’s definitely not body cream, or ganache, or any of the heavier lotions. This is lotion- that kind of runny, liquidy moisturizer that is commonly associated with lotion. But do not be dissuaded if you prefer heavier moisturizers. This has been perfect for right before bed as a nighttime hand cream before drifting off. Not too heavy to cause issues of waiting for it to absorb or transfer to my face in the night, nor is it too light to leave dry spots after a day of using bar soap to wash my hands. I have been using this like crazy as seen in the photos. This is by far, my hardest hit sample lotion of any of the lotions I have tried during my indie perusal.

The smell is exactly as advertised in lotion form. Grapefruit and peach mingling together to create a soft, fruity scent with hints of tingles and fizz from the champagne. It’s a hair heavier on the grapefruit right as you first sniff, but then the peach comes in and they mingle together lovingly, vying for attention as a perfect half and half counterpart. I will note, though, that occasionally when I use it, I find this incredibly funky scent on my hands that started recently. It only is noticeable when I bring my hands almost against my nose to sniff, so it has not hinder my using of it, or my enjoyment of it. I just keep it farther away from my nose when I smell.

Purchase Link

Final Thoughts

I’ve really enjoyed what little of Sixteen92’s scent catalogue I’ve tried, and being on the website has allowed me to find even more I’m looking forward to trying. What perfume-heavy company have you found with awesome bath and body products? Let us know in the comments- I’d love to try them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment