Friday, September 5, 2014

By Kristin
Since we're well into summer in Seattle, my skin hasn't been as dry and I've recently switched over to my non-winter cleansing routine with Garden of Wisdom's Tea Tree Oil Cleanser.

.5 oz jar and 4 oz bottle

I first stumbled upon this gem while on a quest to get rid of blackheads. Don't get me wrong, I still have plenty of them but the Tea Tree Oil Cleanser has been great for preventing and treating my acne (which I still get in copious amounts despite being well out of puberty).

Shiro full-sized eyeshadow vs .5 oz
The bottle claims that the cleanser has hydrating properties from both the Distilled Water and the Sodium Hyaluronate but I feel pretty dry after using this and I definitely need a moisturizer after.

The smallest size available is a .5 oz white jar. It's pretty small but contains a fair amount of product. I took a picture of it next to a full-sized Shiro eyeshadow for a size comparison. Luckily, you only need a small dollop to cover your entire face.


It starts off as a yellow gel-like blob but once rubbed in, develops into a thin white foam. It's suggested to leave the cleanser on your face for a few minutes to loosen grit but I haven't noticed any difference between when I leave it on for a few minutes compared to rubbing it in and taking it straight off.

I'm not sure how to describe the way that the cleanser smells but it has one of those minty, sinus-clearing notes to it. I can't smell the Neem Oil at all (definitely a good thing).

This is currently my favorite cleanser from Garden of Wisdom. Have you tried any others?

0 comments:

Post a Comment