Friday, September 19, 2014

By Unknown
Bottle shots photographed under a lamp indoors. Swatches photographed outdoors in direct sunlight.
I know I've been showing a lot of Femme Fatale Cosmetics products lately, but I hope that's somewhat expected of me since I am the Australian member of the Indie Know team :)

Today I've got Lunar Halo, described as "a shimmering beige filled with iridescent blue and green shimmers, and accents of silver. Best layered over a matching (light beige/cream) base colour." I was initially drawn to it because it's a neutral with a twist; a natural base colour and shimmery sparkles that remind me of seashells.

I've applied four thin coats of Lunar Halo, even though Femme Fatale recommended wearing a similar base colour underneath. I find most swatch photos of chunky glitter polishes do use a base colour so I wanted to show the polish on its own (and I'm not terribly fussed about using too much; I think I've finished one bottle of nail polish in my life!).

The is a very generous amount of large hexagonal glitter in this nail polish, I didn't have to do any fishing at all! In fact sometimes I would pick up too much glitter and had to re-distribute pieces on other nails or try to put it back into the bottle. As you can see in the photos, in the sun, the blue and green shimmer is not as noticeable and translates more as a sheen.

Have you tried any Femme Fatale nail polishes? What are your favourites?

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment