Thursday, September 4, 2014

By Unknown

Femme Fatale Cosmetics' Shadow Magic
As someone with oily, hooded eyelids, I am always on the hunt for a good eyeshadow primer! When I saw a preview of Femme Fatale Cosmetic's Primer on Facebook, I knew I had to get my hands on one. That was easier said than done, since it quickly sold out, but I finally managed to get my hands on a jar. Today I'd like to share my thoughts and some photos with you!

Femme Fatale's Sunfire eyeshadow, swatched alone and over Femme Fatale Shadow Magic
Shadow Magic appears white in the jar, however when applied to the skin and blended, it becomes clear. For $11AUD (subtract 10% GST for non-Australian orders), you get ~4-4.50g of product. The texture is waxy and silicone-y, and reminds me of pore-filling face primers. Shadow Magic is not vegan as it contains beeswax. Since it is a bit stiffer than a cream product, I recommend starting with a small amount. When I picked up too much product, I thought I could blend it away, but it ended up clumping. I also found that it adhered to my eyes better if I used a light pulling motion, rather than a patting motion, to spread the product on my eyelids.

L-R: Sunfire layered over Urban Decay Primer Potion, Femme Fatale Shadow Magic, and both Urban Decay Primer Potion and Femme Fatale Shadow Magic
On the website, it's described more as a traditional eyeshadow primer, rather than a sticky base for adhering loose powders/glitters to. I've been wearing it as a primer alone, and on top of Urban Decay's Primer Potion; I find I get the best wear and most opacity by of layering both Urban Decay's and Femme Fatale's together. On its own, Shadow Magic did intensify the eyeshadows and prevented creasing for around 6 hours (which is about the same time I get from Urban Decay's primer). Layering Urban Decay's and Femme Fatale's primers together makes my eyeshadows everything-proof for at least 8 hours, and if my current go-to primer routine. Keep in mind that everyone's skin is different, and like skin care, the performance of eyeshadow primers varies from person to person.

Top-bottom: Sunfire layered over Urban Decay Primer Potion and Femme Fatale Shadow Magic, Femme Fatale Shadow Magic, and Urban Decay Primer Potion. More angles to show the duochrome shift and sparkles in Sunfire!  

Have you tried Shadow Magic? What do you think of it?


Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

2 comments:

  1. Really want to try this now! Thanks for reviewing, will add to my ever-expanding wishlist...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you like it! Now that Femme Fatale is stocking Shiro and Detrivore, I also have a never-ending wishlist from them too :)

      Delete