Friday, July 11, 2014

By Unknown

3 coats, no top coat. Swatch photographed in direct sunlight.
Purchased

Winter has well and truly arrived in Australia, so I decided to pull out a bright pink polish to lift my spirits. Today I've got Test Your Love by Hare Polish from their Coin Operation collection, inspired by "the world of antique, coin-operated arcade & carnival games of yesteryear." Test Your Love is described as "a raspberry pink jelly with flakies of gold and silvery white!"

I first found out about Hare Polish from Temptalia, and their consistently high marks made me eager to try them out. I fell in love with the flakies nail polish trend when it first came out a few years ago and even if it's not really in fashion anymore I still love it - I get the shine and complexity of a glitter without the pain-in-the-behind removal! Test Your Love has a squishy, jelly-like finish and when it's dry, it almost looks matte. In direct sunlight, the light will still pick up a sheen from the flakies so it was a bit difficult to capture in the photographs; the difference is much more noticeable in person. While I do love the look of matte nail polish, after I photographed my left hand without top coat, I sealed it with a top coat to help it last longer. I love how the flakies are in the nail polish instead of a separate topcoat like I've used in the past so I can get a jelly-sandwich look (sandwiching a glitter polish in between layers of a sheer jelly polish) with flakies suspended in the layers, all in one polish. Application was easy, I was able to get thin, even coats without streaking and I used three layers to get full opacity and cover the nail line.  

3 coats of Test Your Love; top image without top coat, bottom image with Essie's No Chips Ahead. 
I purchased Test Your Love from Femme Fatale Cosmetics for $11AUD (discounted from $13AUD). Hare Polish is available at a few international retailers, including Llarowe (USA) and Rainbow Connection (UK). You can also purchase Test Your Love directly from their Etsy site for $10USD (polishes are shipped from California).

Have you tried any polishes from Hare Polish? What are some of your favourites?

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

2 comments:

  1. not a pink fan, but it has a pretty finish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's also a teal jelly and soft green jelly from the Coin Operation collection if those are more up your alley :)

      Delete