Thursday, June 26, 2014

By AG
Hey everyone! I have a very exciting collection to show you! A few weeks ago, the beloved Australia-based  Femme Fatale Cosmetics began stocking the beloved US-based Shiro Cosmetics. As part of the launch, we learned Femme Fatale has some Shiro products that are exclusive to the FFC shop. I'm a little obsessed with Shiro, so despite the hefty shipping costs from Australia, I had to have them. I purchased the full set (you can see the listing here) and I'll be reviewing it for you today! The product names are all based on the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I handled the lip gloss swatches, but I want to thank Kristin for kindly doing the eyeshadow swatches!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: I Didn’t Vote For You eye shadow by Shiro Cosmetics. Exclusive to Femme Fatale!
A shimmery warm grey with strong copper-gold duochrome.

Ingredients: Mica, Carnauba Wax, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Tin Oxide, Bronze Powder, Silica. Lip safe.

Personal Comments: This is a stunner! I've said before that I love how Shiro does metallics, and this shade looks like molten gold... albeit sparkly molten gold! It looks really unassuming in the jar but man is it gorgeous over a sticky base. I suspect it has tiny pink sparkles on it, but it doesn't push the shade into rose gold territory. I love Shiro's gold shades in particular, and I'm very happy to add this to my collection. Applied over Urban Decay Primer Potion and Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. This picture was taken outside in natural light.

Purchase Link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: I Feel Like Dancing eye shadow by Shiro Cosmetics. Exclusive to Femme Fatale!
A soft blue-violet with a bright purple shift.

Ingredients: Mica, Carnauba Wax, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Tin Oxide, Ultramarine Blue.

Not lip safe.

Personal Comments: Like "I Didn't Vote For You", I had a very happy surprise when I applied this over a sticky base. The shade has a blue-lavender base, but it's mostly covered by a very strong light purple duochrome that glows under bright lights. I absolutely love it! When I examine it closely, I see it has a ton of tiny pink sparkles. Applied over Urban Decay Primer Potion and Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. This picture was taken outside in natural light.

Purchase Link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: Smelt of Elderberries lip gloss by Shiro Cosmetics. Exclusive to Femme Fatale!

Somewhat sheer purpley-rose with an intense violet highlight. Smells like sugared blackberries and plums!

Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, ethylene/proplene/styrene copolymer, butylene/styrene copolymer, meadowfoam seed oil, cocoa butter, red #27, red #33, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, vitamin E, flavour.

Personal Comments: Regular readers know my love of Shiro's gloss formula, and Smelt of Elderberries doesn't disappoint. It's a bright fuchsia to my eyes, perhaps leaning a bit purple. I found it of moderate opacity rather than sheer, so lovers of opaque gloss shouldn't be scared away by the shop description. The lip swatch photo above was one layer (that is, only what I had on the applicator after a single dip in the tube) to give you an idea. I did see a bit of a violet flash when turning my head in bright lighting, but it's not what I would call intense.

I didn't read the scent description before testing it out, and I thought it smelled of very sweet fake raspberry. The scent fades quickly after application, so it shouldn't bother anyone with a sensitive nose. I noted that it stained my arm on contact, so I've got a pink stripe even after washing it off. Due to the staining, I'd recommend careful application, lest you wind up looking like you've just enjoyed a popsicle!

Purchase Link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of the collection? Are any of the shades worth the cost to ship from Australia?

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful, and are those Monty Python and the Holy Grail references in the titles?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Shiro is fantastic with nerdy references. XD

      Delete