Thursday, March 20, 2014

By Unknown

Eyebrow powder is an essential part of my daily makeup routine. So far, I've tried brow powders from Chinovi Cosmetics and Meow Cosmetics, and I've got some swatches and photos to show you today.

L-R: Chinovi Brows in Dirty Blonde, Chinovi Brows in Medium Brown, Meow Brow Beaters in Soft Brown
Full-sized brow powders from both Chinovi Cosmetics and Meow Cosmetics come in 5g jars with a sifter. Chinovi's Brow Powders cost $5, while Meow Cosmetics' Brow Beaters cost $8. Chinovi offers $1 sample bags and $2 sample jars, and Meow offers $1 sample bags.

Swatches in direct sunlight. L-R: Chinovi Brows in Dirty Blonde, Chinovi Brows in Medium Brown, Meow Brow Beaters in Soft Brown
As you will see in the photos to follow, my eyebrows are naturally sparse towards the ends. Because of this, I try to keep them in a fuller shape (which also helps me look younger!) so I usually choose brow products which are lighter than my natural hair colour. Apologies for the derpy eyes, I was facing the sun directly! 


To apply brow powder, I use a stiff angled brush and a spoolie to blend and soften them. I pick up a little bit of powder on the angled end, press the bristles into the lid, and tap off excess to avoid fallout while applying.


Chinovi Cosmetics' Dirty Blonde is a warm, yellow-y brown. I find it's a bit too yellow compared to my natural hair colour (medium-dark brown), but this would probably suit darker blondes very well.


Chinovi Cosmetics' Medium Brown is a neutral-leaning-warm medium brown. I think this is a better match for my complexion, but I wish it was a tiny bit cooler (I find cool/grey-leaning brow colours to be the most flattering on me).


Meow Cosmetics' Soft Brown is probably the best match for my complexion, it's a medium brown which leans a bit cool. Out of all three brow products mentioned, Soft Brown is my favourite.


Have you tried any indie eyebrow powders? Let me know in the comments!


Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment