Thursday, January 1, 2015

By Unknown
Enchanticals Perfume's eclectic style and expansive catalog are impressive!

In the world of indie fragrances, there are some pretty big, well-known names and others that are barely a blip on the radar for many enthusiasts. I've been peripherally aware of Enchanticals Perfume for a long time, but it took forever for me to pull the trigger and made a purchase. Heaven knows Etsy really, really wanted me to make a purchase because whenever I shopped elsewhere I was constantly bumping into Enchanticals Perfume! I finally decided to hunker down and shop away, but was it worth it?

Enchanticals Perfume

The two cornerstones to Enchanticals Perfume's business approach are ingredients and inspiration. The About Us page on the Etsy storefront describes in detail how they are committed to high-quality, vegan ingredients without any animal testing. I'm not entirely sure what "at least 95% all natural" but it's how their bath and body products are described. 

As for inspiration, they draw from a variety of places to create a unique medley of personalities:
The inspiration for the fragrances is coming from a muse which is always attracted to the Gothic,Steampunk, Victorian, magickal, and otherwise different, (lover of Vampires and Monsters) drawing special inspiration from the Shamanic Elemental Energies aka the Fae Folk or Fairies.

Selection

Enchanticals Perfume sells way more than just perfume, although their fragrances are the star of the show. From their shop you can sample:

Packaging


There are different themed collections you can sample or buy as a whole for fragrance sets.  Each collection has a distinct "Vaudeville/Victorian/Edwardian-era" aesthetic, which makes for a very cohesive brand despite appearing pretty eclectic at first glance.

The actual packaging materials are pretty run-of-the mill. Perfume oils come in 1/8 fl oz screw-top amber bottles. The lip balms come in half-ounce slide tins (convenient for purses, but I'm not a fan of any balm I have to use my fingers to apply).

Body butters and salt scrubs are packed in a 6oz plastic jar, whereas sugar scrubs are twice as large in 12oz tubs. I find it kind of strange that the whipped cream soaps are packaged in 5oz jars... why not just use the same size and style jar for both body butters/salt scrubs and whipped cream soaps to keep things simple?

Samples


I have a love-hate relationship with the labels on my Enchanticals perfume samples. On one hand, I love that each label is custom and matches the same unique image used in the online listing. On the other hand, this makes it extremely challenging sometimes to actually read the name of the fragrance. The font is too tiny! I eventually started recognizing them by color, not name ("Oh, this is that blue fragrance") which was a shame because some of the perfume oil names are lovely.

The sample vials are nothing to write home about. They're your basic wand-top vials, and the labels are adhesive paper so be careful not to drip the oil down the outside of the bottle because the labels will soak it up.

There are so many ways to sample different Enchanticals Perfume fragrances. I love when an indie company recognizes the importance of samples, so I felt thoroughly spoiled looking over all the choices! Sample packs are broken down by either collection or amount. I love being able to pick up an entire released collection in sample sizes to try them all in one go, but when you have a big library to choose from it's also nice being able to select a-la-carte what you want as well.

Quality

While I have only samples a collection of perfume oils and have yet to touch upon their other bath and body products, I'm really pleased with the quality of the fragrances I tried. They were all unique enough to stand alone, and some could give Solstice Scents a run for its money with how long they lasted! For the record, I sampled the following:
I was particularly pleased with the "Fizz" samples - it really made my nose feel tingly as if I were smelling soda! However, I'd say my favorite of the bunch was easily "White Rabbit" - it was a really pleasing blend of feminine florals and a fruity twist. My only criticism would be in many of my fragrances sometimes the fruity notes were intended to stay in the background but they came off strong on my skin.

How can you not love all those colorful labels?

Cost

Given the sheer number of choices available, there is no point in my breaking down everything by price. However, I feel the cost is very fair in comparison with other indie shops. Sample packs also allow you to save a bit of money as well. The costliest item in the whole shop would be the very extravagant "The Entire Lot" collection - which is THE ENTIRE LOT. For $250, you get a sample vial for every single perfume that's currently in production.  You receive about 115 sample vials, so that works out at roughly just under $2.20 USD per vial. So even if you decide to buy everything, you're still getting a moderately fair price.

Customer service

I spoke with Monica regarding my order a few times. I was given a surprise bonus - two extra sample vials! I'm not sure if it was because I was a new customer (the reason was never revealed), but she was polite and professional. My package seemed to get hung up on its way over in delivery, but I think that was USPS's fault. So while my experiences are next to none, a quick browse through the shop's reviews show lots of happy customers.


TAT & Shipping

TAT is 1-3 business days. Shipping is via USPS; international customers are encouraged to contact the shop directly to discuss international shipping and rates. It's pretty no-nonsense.

Personal Thoughts

One thing that really stood out to me (and I find myself popping back over to reference) is the Enchanticals Perfume About Us page. They have an incredibly comprehensive ingredient/allergy breakdown and even details each individual blend. As someone who has to be mindful of their skin's sensitivities, it's so helpful when a company is transparent about their ingredients. Their list is awesome, so please check it out if you decide to make a purchase!

I'm really pleased with my Enchanticals Perfume samples. I've tried each of them at least three times (some I've worn a week straight). I'm a little on the fence about jumping into full sizes of any scents I tried. But this isn't because my samples weren't good - I love some of them a lot! I've been more discerning about what I choose to buy in a full-size out of concern for space, so until something really, truly grabs my heart (and nose!) I lie in wait.

Enchanticals Perfume is a ton of fun. Their fragrances are strong and memorable, their branding is quirky, they have a ton to pick from and they show no signs of slowing down! This is an indie company that is run run by people who clearly love what they do. And because there are so many different sampler packs, it's incredibly easy to just try a teeny bit guilt-fee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment