Thursday, August 21, 2014

By Kristin

Limnit Lipsticks has been getting a ton of love over on Reddit lately and I couldn't resist picking up a few (read: 9) of their raved about lipsticks. Limnit specializes in semi-matte lipsticks and they offer an assortment of bold and interesting colors. Between the color selection and the quality of the formula, Limnit has garnered a large following in a pretty short period.

I really like the name "Limnit" and at first I assumed it was just a play on "Limit" (as in "taking it to the limit") but according to their facebook page, "limn" means "to paint or draw on." Double cool.


Packaging: 
I ordered a variety of different lipstick jars and they all came individually shrink wrapped. They were packed in plastic baggies and then in a paper bag and sealed with a Limnit Lipsticks sticker.

The package also came with a photocard that has instructions on the back. It details the best ways to apply the product. This is an extra that I haven't seen included in other companies.


Selection: 
Limnit currently offers 18 different colors, all in the semi-matte formula. There is a note on the Etsy shop that explains that some shades are sold out (with removed listings) and will not be restocked until late August/early September. Hopefully they'll all be back in stock soon!

AG adds: And hopefully they'll keep expanding the color range! I absolutely love the formula and finish, and I'd love to see it come in even more unusual colors. The world can never have enough matte black, purple, and navy blue lipsticks if you ask me.

Samples: 
Limnit sells their lipsticks in both mini jars and in lipstick tube form. As of this writing, the owner is reworking the lipstick tube pouring process so the shop is currently restricted to just mini jars.

Mini lipstick jars are currently selling at $4.60/each.

AG adds: Though I was worried about the little sample jars at first (some lip products are a huge pain to dig out with a lip brush), these work. The formula feels pretty hard in the jar, but it only takes a few swipes with my lip brush to get enough for application.

Quality:
Excellent. I've tried all 9 of my mini jars at this point and the opacity and feel of these lipsticks are fantastic. Though some colors are more of a dud on me, I haven't found significant differences in staying power between the shades. They're all very pigmented and require a very small amount of product to build to full opacity.

AG adds: I agree, these look and feel excellent on! I have no tolerance for drying lip products, but provided I prep my lips before applying these, they're comfortable to wear.

Cost:
These are a little bit more pricey on the indie scale. The full sized lipstick tubes sell for $12.95 and the mini jars sell for $4.60. I made my order during their grand re-opening sale and everything was happily 20% off but I'm not sure how often sales take place.

Customer Service:
I didn't need to contact customer service so I have no experience here but someone is responding to queries on their facebook page.

TAT:
Listed at 7-14 days. I placed my order during the sale but everything still shipped within the stated TAT. I received a shipping notice 8 days after placing my order and it was in my hands 3 days later.

Shipping:
On the site, shipping is listed as a flat $2.75 in the US and $9 elsewhere but when I placed my order, it was an additional $0.20 per item.

Personal Thoughts:
I want all the colors. I was pretty hesitant on the price at first but swatches drew me in (especially the ones that Mai posted). They're wonderful and I have no regrets! Keep an eye out for soon to be coming swatch posts!

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment