Wednesday, September 23, 2015

By AG

Hey everyone! This is the third and final post swatching and reviewing the Tributes Collection from Shiro Cosmetics. You can check out part one here and part two here. Thanks again to Kristin for the beautiful swatch photos!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: “Bright and bubbly as ever, Effie Trinket trots to the podium and gives her signature, ‘Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor!’ Her pink hair must be a wig because her curls have shifted slightly off-center since her encounter with Haymitch.”

Bubbly purple-toned magenta. Not lip-safe.

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, aluminum powder, silica.

Personal Comments: Of all the shades in this collection, I believe this one has the most metallic finish over just primer. In the eye look below you'll see it holds its own next to Unforgettable, even though Ever In Your Favor was just over silicone primer and Unforgettable was over glitter glue. I get some fallout from this, but nothing major.

Purchase Link
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: “She offers him the silver bow and sheath of arrows. My bow! My arrows! Just the sight of them makes me so angry I want to scream, at myself, at that traitor Peeta for distracting me from having them. I could kill them, every one of them, if those silver weapons were in my hands.”

Shimmering silver with a slight greenish cast and bright silver sparks. Not lip-safe.

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, aluminum powder, silica.

Personal Comments: This shade has a nice sheen over primer and reaches its full metallic potential over glitter glue. No complaints about performance here - it looks a little sheer over primer in the swatch above but I didn't have any issues with opacity in the eye look. If there's such a thing as a "subdued" silver, this is a good option, but if you're looking for a super molten metallic silver, it's worth mentioning this recent release called Witness Me!, which I'm hoping to review for you soon.

Purchase Link

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: “The others assure me I am charming. Peeta actually is charming and then utterly winning as the boy in love. And there I am, blushing and confused, made beautiful by Cinna’s hands, desirable by Peeta’s confession, tragic by circumstance, and by all accounts, unforgettable.”

Hot pink-toned shimmery red with bright red sparks. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, red #40, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica.

Personal Comments: You guys, I hate giving negative reviews because I know how much work goes into these handmade products, but I have to be honest: this eyeshadow performs pretty poorly for me. When I did the eye look below (over silicone primer), the vast majority of Unforgettable's base color and shimmer wound up on my cheeks, and I was left with a patchy, translucent pink area where I'd first tried to pack on the eyeshadow. I had to pull out the glitter glue just to get it to adhere to my skin. Additional testing has shown me that packing this shadow heavily directly over silicone primer (with no base shadow) yields better results, but obviously that really restricts how you can use the product. If you can't live without this color I'd say start with a sample and be prepared to use some sort of grippy base, like a glitter glue or NYX Milk. Keep in mind my jar is from 2012 so it's possible the Shiro team have improved the formula since then, but as it stands I can't recommend this shadow.

Purchase Link
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: “A few steps into the woods grows a bank of wildflowers. Perhaps they are really weeds of some sort, but they have blossoms in beautiful shades of violet and yellow and white. I gather up an armful and come back to Rue’s side. Slowly, one stem at a time, I decorate her body in the flowers. Covering the ugly wound. Wreathing her face. Weaving her hair with bright colors…”

Soft petal pink with green and gold sparks. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica.

Personal Comments: This shade is a little tough for me to review because it doesn't show up too well on my skin tone. Over primer I believe it's not fully opaque, and the sparks don't show up too well - it leans more toward a satin finish. It has much more impact and dimension over glitter glue. No complaints about performance here, but I don't get much use out of it because it blends into my coloring so much!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, I did an eye look using these four shades:


I started with Urban Decay Primer Potion and a base shadow in my skin tone. From inner corner to outer corner I used: Huntress, Wildflowers, Ever In Your Favor, and Unforgettable. As described above I was really unhappy with how Unforgettable looked just over primer, so I applied Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy just over the outer triangle and reapplied Unforgettable on top of it so it would stay put. 

That wraps up the Shiro Tributes Collection!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

2 comments: