Monday, September 21, 2015

By AG

Hey everyone! We're back with the second of three quads comprising the Tributes Collection from Shiro Cosmetics, based on the Hunger Games series of books and movies. Here is Part 1 and some notes about the collection as a whole, and here is part 3. Thank you again to Kristin for taking these beautiful swatch photos. Let's check out these eyeshadows!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: “To this day, I can never shake the connection between this boy, Peeta Mellark, and the bread that gave me hope, and the dandelion that reminded me that I was not doomed. And more than once, I have turned in the school hallway and caught his eyes trained on me, only to quickly flit away…”

Shimmery light golden brown with blue sparks. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica.

Personal Comments: This was love at first swatch, and is one of the shades that helped me fall head over heels for the brand. I still recommend it to anyone looking for a neutral with a twist or a single wash of color over the lid. On my ~NC15 skin tone itworks beautifully for both purposes. The light blue sparks are subtly visible over primer and a little more prominent over glitter glue. It's a beautiful satin finish over primer - it catches just enough light to make a lovely soft inner corner highlight. It looks gorgeously foiled over glitter glue. If you're a neutral lover, definitely get a sample of this in your next order!

Kristin adds: Here's another shot of Baker's Boy from a previous swatch post. It has a bit of a peachy twist in certain lights.

Purchase Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: “The door opens and a young man who must be Cinna enters. I’m taken aback by how normal he looks. The only concession to self-alteration seems to be metallic gold eyeliner that has been applied with a light hand. It brings out the flecks of gold in his green eyes. And, despite my disgust with the Capitol and their hideous fashions, I can’t help thinking how attractive it looks.”

Shimmery gold-bronze with purple sparks. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, bronze powder, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica.

Personal Comments: Remake is another of my favorite colors from the Shiro line. It's an absolutely gorgeous gold that catches the light nicely over primer and looks downright molten over a sticky base. The light purple sparks add a beautiful look to the jar, but I have to admit I don't see them on my eyes, even over a sticky base.

Purchase Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: “My father was particularly fond of mocking-jays. When we went hunting, he would whistle or sing complicated songs to them and, after a polite pause, they’d always sing back. Not everyone is treated with such respect. But whenever my father sang, all the birds in the area would fall silent and listen.”

Metallic brown-copper-bronze. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, bronze powder, silica.

Personal Comments: This is a beautiful shade that works nicely through the crease on my ~NC15 skin tone. In practice it's not much darker than Remake when used over a silicone primer, but it becomes deeper, richer, and much more distinct over glitter glue. As with the previous two shades, it's something of a satin shimmer over primer but takes on a lovely, strong foiled quality over a sticky base.

Purchase Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From the website: “In the woods waits the only person with whom I can be myself. Gale. I can feel the muscles in my face relaxing, my pace quickening as I climb the hills to our place, a rock ledge overlooking a valley. The sight of him waiting there brings on a smile. Gale says I never smile except in the woods.”

Shimmery forest green with subtle brown-gold tones. Not lip-safe.

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, chromium green oxide.

Personal Comments: As advertised, this is a gorgeous shimmery forest green. It becomes a bit richer and more green over a sticky base, but otherwise looks pretty similar to when it's applied over just a silicone primer.

Purchase Link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did something a little different this time around, because I love Shiro's metallic shades and I think it's worth demonstrating how they look over different bases. It's also worth showing that it becomes somewhat easier to differentiate the gold shades from each other over a glitter glue, whereas over primer they all look fairly similar. I did the same look on both eyes but used different bases: Baker's Boy in the inner corner, Remake across the lid, Mockingjay on the outer corner, and Beyond the Fence along the lower lashline. I also used a touch of Mockingjay through the crease and to lightly blend out Beyond the Fence. Do note I took the following photos under daylight bulbs.

Here's the look over just Urban Decay Primer Potion:


As you can see, there's not a ton of contrast between the three lid shades. If you look closely you can distinguish the base colors, but they make a pretty seamless gradient. 


Now, here's the look over UDPP plus Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy under all the shades:


The foiled, metallic finish really comes out over the glitter base, and the base colors of the lid shades are much more easily distinguishable from each other. Beyond the Fence changes the least between the two eyes, but is richer and greener over Pixie Epoxy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay tuned for the last quad of shades in a couple of days!


Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment