Sunday, April 12, 2015

By Unknown

Skin Like Butter 
Oooo I could just eat myself ;-)

Oh Etsy. You get me in so much trouble. Does anyone else find themselves shopping Etsy for hours on end for no other reason than, “Oh that’s pretty!” My last stroll through Etsy resulted in purchases from 3 or 4 different companies, all bath and body products. There’s so much stuff in my bathroom! You would not believe all the soap I gave away when some of this came in, but that’s another post entirely.

Skin Like Butter popped up on my feed as something that I might like to see. Well, Etsy, I loved seeing it so much I bought a bunch of stuff from it. So I guess a win for Etsy’s marketing department.

Skin Like Butter has an overwhelming selection of scents - the shop lists 100 in their announcements section, almost all of them single notes. I am absolutely certain that I did not look through every option and every scent. I am also absolutely certain I gave up after a bit and chose a scent that I knew I wouldn’t mind and would probably like. Do not think this is a criticism; I have the attention span of a small child. (I’m totally annoying and distracted by The Husband and AG while they do martial arts in my living room right now.) But I digress. On to products!

Plumeria Body Lotion

Holy Moisture, Batman! This is a four-ingredient lotion- aloe vera juice, shea butter, argan oil, and fragrance oil. I have complained pretty often about the water-based, cocoa butter lotions rubbing off of my skin. I don’t know what it is. I think it’s the cocoa butter but it could just be something weird. It’s never something I’ve noticed with mainstream lotion like stuff from Bath and Body Works, but I’ve had this happen with even LUSH lotions. This hasn't been a problem yet with this lotion, which is phenomenal. I have bought and given away so many lotions that just do not work for me. This particular one works wonders. It doesn’t leave me feeling greasy and I’m not rubbing it off my skin while trying to rub it in.

A secondary note- I ordered this in Gardenia. And then promptly realized I didn’t actually like Gardenia all that much. I contacted this shop asking if they could trade this out for Plumeria- the seller was prompt and happy to do so for me, no questions asked and very amiable to my idiocy.

The scent is exactly like what you expected from Plumeria- a clean, floral, feminine scent without complexity or anything to overwhelm. It’s a perfect lotion to layer under a more complex perfume.

Purchase Link

Passion Fruit Bath Salts

Oh yum! I love passion fruit. I love it in smoothies, I love to smell it. I saw this at a glance and decided I had to have it. I adore Pink Himalayan Sea Salt- probably because it’s pink and Himalayan and has not a lot to do with use or scent. I’m shallow. I’ll admit it. This made for an awesome bath. Like hooray awesome. I didn’t even have to use a whole quarter of the bottle to get a well scented bath and nice moisture level. The salt took a little longer to dissolve because the crystals are so large, but I like a long bath and it was fun to play with them.

Purchase Link

Peppermint Body Scrub


I bought this for Mr. J (The Husband- I got tired of calling him The Husband.) His poor skin. Before we married, his ideal soap was lava soap. Lava Soap! It’s so abrasive, and it’s so drying! We’ve adapted to a scrub and a whipped soap or body wash with a light exfoliant in it.

He has mostly been using HoG’s Bubbling Scrub. This was a change for him. He said it’s much oilier and needs more pressure to be useful, but with the extra pressure it scrubs harder than the bubbling scrub. He also said if he doesn’t soap off the oils from the scrub, he doesn’t have to moisturize his eczema legs after the shower and can go the day without worrying about itchies.

This is Peppermint, with a capital P. It gets into the sinuses all the way up in your skull and opens everything. Need a wake-up call? This scrub will do it. It tingles your skin wherever it touches, so avoid the more sensitive places unless you’d like a cold tingle burn there.

Purchase Link

Final Thoughts

Overall- I am ridiculously pleased with these products. I love the simplistic design with the added touches of stick-on rhinestones. As you can see from the group shot, I received 3 perfume samples- 2 single notes (Lychee and Pikake) and then a slightly more complex one (Cucumber Mint). I do not review perfumes, mostly because I smell them and think, “This smells…pretty?” or “Well, that’s kind of disgusting.” Descriptors do not exist when I review perfumes, so I will leave that to the experts. For your first purchase, they offer 25% off with the code NEWBIE, all the instructions are on their shop announcement header. I would have bought these products without the promo- the promo was just added incentive.

3 comments:

  1. What was the lotion texture like? Is it more runny like traditional lotion or thick like body butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo I totally spaced on that, didn't I? I would call this body cream. It was not runny like body lotion, it was definitely thicker than body lotion, but not nearly as heavy and thick as body butter. I keep wanting to call it fluffy because of how well it comes out of the pump, but I think the right word here is silky. It's a bit like rubbing that satin soft feeling into your skin. I hope this helps. Thank you for drawing to my attention that I completely spaced on that!

      Delete
    2. No worries! Thanks for the description; it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

      Delete