Thursday, April 9, 2015

By Unknown



Hi everyone! Today I'd like to share with you a tutorial using eyeshadows from innocent + twisted alchemy's limited edition collection from their subscription service, I+T alchemists. I don't subscribe to any beauty subscription service (because I have enough makeup for several lifetimes!) but when I saw that Linda created an eyeshadow collection inspired by the anime Nana, I had to indulge. I've never read the manga, but I did see the movie years ago and really enjoyed it. If you'd like to see how I used these Nana inspired eyeshadows in a look, please keep reading. Apologies ahead of time since I haven't quite figured out the right lighting yet for photographing tutorials, I promise that these eyeshadows and this look was much more pigmented and dramatic in real life!



1. Prime your eyes. I'm double-priming with Urban Decay's Primer Potion and Femme Fatale Comsetics' Shadow Magic.
2. Take a matte eyeshadow similar to your skintone or slightly darker and place it in the crease with a fluffy blending brush. I'm using Detrivore's Ossuary.
3. With a smaller pointed brush, apply a darker matte shade directly in the crease, and blend out. I'm using Glamour Dolls Eyes' Obscure.
4. Using a flat shader brush, apply 7&8 to the inner half of the eye.
5. Flip the brush over, and apply Tranes to the outer half of the eye. Blend where the two colours meet for a seamless gradient.
6. Using a flat angled brush, apply Blast! along the upper lashline. I wanted a smokey, smudgey look so I applied it dry, but if you prefer a sharper line, I recommend using an eyeliner sealant or some kind of mixing medium to transform it into a liquid liner.
7. (Optional) take a smudger brush and blend out Blast!
8. Using what's left on the angled brush, apply it to the outer third of the lower lashline.
9. Using a pencil brush, apply Tranes to the rest of the lower lashline.
10. Brighten up the inner corner with 7&8.
11. Curl you eyelashes, apply mascara, clean up any fall out, and you're done!

Note - I didn't use Ren Flower in this eye look, but it is lip safe so I think it would make a gorgeous lip colour and/or blush!

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment