Sunday, February 8, 2015

By Unknown
Purchased



Paintbox Soapworks “Possibly, Maybe...” Shaving Soap
A sensual, intimate blend of creamy pink rose petals & golden amber
I must begin this review with an apology.

Due to my birthday and poor scheduling on my part, I did not plan accordingly and was left floundering a few days ago looking for something to review. I have a big review planned but have not used all of the products yet. I didn't want to rush through them and give a half-assed review but luckily, I bought this shaving soap - having no intention of reviewing it - and fell in love with it. Hence, my second apology- I am very sorry that there is not a packaging photo of this product. They come shrink wrapped with a product sticker. Check out our Paintbox Soapworks Company Overview to see some packaging examples.

But on to the review!

My husband has the skin of a baby on his face. The sharpest blade can still cause razor burn and nicks. He is just extremely susceptible to them. Because of this, he uses The Art of Shaving's products. I take very little interest in what I use to shave my legs except to enjoy that they're shaved and the ridiculously dark hair to pale skin is no longer visible. I don't personally enjoy The Art of Shaving's products. They work wonderfully, but I find the oil really gunks up the razor and makes it impossible to use again; if I'm shaving anything else, sometimes just my legs, I feel like I have to change the blade halfway through. So when Valentine's Day scents started showing up in different shops, I bought Paintbox Soapworks' Shaving Soap in “Possibly, Maybe...” on a lark. I have no concrete reason why I did it, except that I am easily swayed by new things and at $6, it is not the worse thing I have ever impulsively purchased.

I have only used it once so far. But I have never been more impressed on a first try. After getting it wet, I just rubbed it into a lather and began my shave. There are gift sets with a shaving brush on the website, but I didn't haven't the patience to get the soap lathered up enough to use the brush we have. It went on my legs smoothly enough just rubbing it on. It didn't gunk up the razor and rinsed clean every time. It left my legs feeling soft and smooth with a wonderfully close shave- no nicks or burns.

And the scent is wonderful. It's just rose and amber musk. It's deliciously simple, creating a round floral note without the sharp that rose sometimes has. I've been debating buying a second one, so that I have one when the first is gone because I know it will take me until well into the next season or two before I finish the first. My only caution would be to possibly not leave it in the shower when it's not in use. When I pulled it out to dry it for photos, I noticed a jelly-like substance clinging to the bottom of the soap, like a weird condensation. Not exactly like it had been melting in the hot water, but perhaps like it had been changing consistency and density.

Purchase Link

Readers- what do you like for shaving? Share in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment