Sunday, December 7, 2014

By Unknown
Purchased

Bubbling Scrub or Emulsifying Scrub?

Top: Bubbling Scrub, Bottom: Emulsifying Scrub

Haus of Gloi offers two very different scrub experiences.

Bubbling Scrub:
Our soft bubbling scrub is made from scratch and never a base! A delightfully scrubby and lightly foaming confection.Our foaming base is whipped until it produces soft peaks, similar to that of whipped cream. A blend of two sugars is then folded in, both fine and medium grain for  fantastic scrubbing and polish it off with a heaping scoop of shea butter to leave you cleansed and smooth but never dried out. We use Optiphen, a paraben and formaldehyde-free preservative system. 100% vegan, always.
Emulsifying Scrub (also called Sugar Exfoliants):
A luscious in shower confection designed to both moisturize and buff your skin to incredible softness! Our made from scratch recipe begins with heaps of organic sugar, pure shea butter and coconut oil whipped lightly with a host of a skin loving olive and apricot oils. These emulsifying scrubs are balmy in texture, do not require stirring and never leave you feeling too greasy after use. When combined with water these scrubs emulse into a very light cream and rinse away leaving you perfectly moisturized and divinely scented! 100% vegan, always. 
Both have their pros and cons and both have gathered fan followings.

Team Bubbling Scrub

Jessye: In the world of Haus of Gloi exfoliants, I choose Bubbling Scrub. I love its marshmallow fluff consistency to begin with. It exfoliates my skin to a softness that I appreciate. I also find that the stickiness from the fluff consistency makes it much easier for me to handle without losing chunks of it while I rub it all over my skin. For me, the downside to the emulsifying scrub is that it leaves an oil residue on my skin, which is fine so long as I’m using soap afterwards, but this isn't a problem with the Bubbling Scrub, which makes it a winner in my book.

Top: Bubbling Scrub, Bottom: Emulsifying Scrub
I swear we had this post in the works before seeing it but fellow blogger Jamie at Post 9 to 5 also did a similar comparison recently! She's also on Team Bubbling Scrub. Check out her post to find out why!

Team Emulsifying Scrub

AG: I'll take all of Jessye's cast-off Emulsifying Scrubs! I have quite dry skin, so it sounds like Jessye and I had very different experiences with these two products. I find the Bubbling Scrub to be mildly drying on me, so I'm not a big fan. On the other hand, the Emulsifying Scrub is lovely. I'm assuming my skin immediately sucks up all the oils in the scrub because I never feel greasy after rinsing it off. My absolute favorite way to use the Emulsifying Scrub is for shaving. I rub it in for some pre-shave exfoliation, and when all the sugar dissolves in 20-30 seconds, I shave with the remaining oils. When I do this in summer I can almost get away without putting lotion on my legs after this, and my fellow dry skinned folks will know this is pretty much unheard of!

Kristin: If I were using it in place of a soap, I'd probably pick Bubbling Scrub but as a scrub, the Emulsifying Scrubs are my jam. I raved about my current favorite in Satyr in a previous post.  I use them right after soaping when I already feel clean but just want an extra layer of exfoliation on top of loofa-ing. To me, the Bubbling Scrubs don't exfoliate quite enough and though I think they'd make a great choice to use instead of a soap for the two-in-one experience, when I want to exfoliate, I want to feel something happening and I get that with the Emulsifying Scrub. Also, as an added bonus, the oils in the Emulsifying Scrub sink into my skin more which means that the scent sticks around for longer afterwards.

Readers, have you tried either of these? Which team are you on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment