Tuesday, November 24, 2015

By Unknown
Is it still appropriate to wear long after Halloween?
Halloween has come and gone, but some people don’t like to let go. For the record, I don’t fall in that category – once Halloween is over I just want to rush past through the next six months and get back to spring and summer! But that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate Sixteen92’s perfume (Every Dayis) Halloween from this year’s fall collection. So is it still appropriate after Halloween has passed?


(Every Day is) Halloween

2ml sample vial for $4.50 USD / 5.5mL bottle for $13 USD / 10mL roller bottle for $20 USD
An overflowing candy pail, the crunch of leather boots on fallen leaves, cold stones, damp air and a wisp of bonfire smoke
When I received samples for this year’s fall collection, I actually didn’t stop and read any of the notes or descriptions until after initially trying each one. (Every Day is) Halloween really surprised me because it doesn’t smell anything like I’d expect after reading the notes at all. It opens with a strong chocolately-coffee note that almost reminds me of Black Forest from Solstice Scents without the underlying cakey, gourmand notes. The opening is strong on my skin and packs a huge wallop!


After an hour of wear, things soften pleasantly into something vaguely vanilla-like with a cool and creamy base of faint leather. I don’t really detect anything reminiscent of bonfires, but there is a very faint tendril of smoke that wafts in and out of a smooth whisper of sweetness.

Duration: This is one of the stronger Sixteen92 scents I've tried, but as far as indie perfumes go it's nothing tremendously strong. A generous 6AM application is 98% gone by 2PM on my skin.

Score: 4.5/5
I really like (Every Day is) Halloween. It's unique and feminine without being over-the-top girly. There's a darkness to it that keeps things interesting. I wish it lasted longer, but it draws on moreso than my other scents from Sixteen92. I sprang for a full size! Has anyone else tried this scent? Let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment