Wednesday, November 25, 2015

By AG
Hey everyone! We're back for part 2 of the eyeshadows from Shiro's fabulous new Marauders, Mugwumps, and Muggles collection inspired by Harry Potter! We took a look at part 1 here, and you can find part 3 here (I'll link the rest when they're up). Thanks so much to Kristin for doing these beautiful swatches!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Marauders, Mugwumps, and Muggles Eyeshadow Constant Vigilance

From the website: Paranoid, gruff, a bit rough around the edges, and frequently not quite himself, but weirdly charming despite it all. Don’t put your wand in your back pocket, you’ll lose a buttock!

Saturated metallic bronze, intense depth without a black base. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, bronze powder, silicon dioxide.

Personal Comments: This shade is glorious molten metal, probably best described as halfway between gold and bronze in color. I cannot believe how incredible this color looks over just silicone primer. The performance is spot on too - it blends really well without losing pigmentation, has no fallout unless you start giddily piling it on your face (ask me how I know this), and blends well with other colors. I did a halo eye (shown below) with this and Have a Biscuit, Potter, and was really surprised at just how easy it was to blend the two completely different colors together. If you love metal shades, if you have eyes of pretty much any color, or if you can only afford one shadow, this color should definitely be on your short list of contenders.

Purchase Link
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Marauders, Mugwumps, and Muggles Eyeshadow Have a Biscuit Potter

From the website: Stern but fair, with lips perpetually pressed in a thin line and the queenly bearing of a too-still tabby cat. Minerva is not here to play games – unless it’s Quidditch, in which case she’s totally here to watch her team kick your buns.

Pure metallic emerald, gives an intense depth of color without being too dark in the base. Not lip-safe.

Ingredients: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, ferric ferrocyanide.

Personal Comments: This shadow is nearly as impressive as Constant Vigilance; its only drawbacks are a touch more fallout and a touch more difficulty blending. It's a gorgeously vivid jewel toned green with a metallic finish. When I swatch this on my arm I can see a ton of lighter green sparkles, but on the eye over primer those serve to add dimension and a metallic finish rather than looking like actual individual green sparkles.

The closest shade I could think of to this in my collection is Carmen from DreamWorld's semi-loose line, though Carmen's green sheen is lighter in color and Constant Vigilance has a more blackened base. I think the next closest thing I have in my collection (in terms of deep, rich greens) is My Pretty Zombie Static, but that's still a couple shades lighter with less blue and more gold. Shiro Burdened With Glorious Purpose is of a similar depth to Have a Biscuit, Potter, but has much less green to it.

Purchase Link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shiro Cosmetics Marauders, Mugwumps, and Muggles Eyeshadow After all this time


From the website: Always.


Oily black, with a fine green sheen: for a Potions master and a Slytherin, and for Lily’s eyes. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, magnesium myristrate, silicon dioxide.


Personal Comments: This is a beautiful, well-behaved black shadow with green sparkles. I picked up a tiny bit on my brush and found it to be quite pigmented. It blended out easily and pretty substantially, so this makes a really nice option for slowly deepening the outer corner but may not be the best pick for someone who wants intense black in one go. The sparkles didn't seem to stick around after I blended out the shadow, so glitter glue will probably be best if you want to feature them. You can find a number of deep charcoal or black shades with glitter in them on the Shiro website (such as Gift of Mercy or Detrivore's Namira) and you can find a deep shade with green sparkles (Here I Stand) but I can't think of any shadows I own which are black with green sparkles.

Purchase Link

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Marauders, Mugwumps, and Muggles Eyeshadow Wizard Wheezes

From the website: We’re not stupid! We know we’re called Gred and Forge. 😀

A riotous mess of purple and green sparkles sitting pretty in a shiny blood orange base. This is a glitterbomb and should be worn over sticky primer. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silicon dioxide.

Personal Comments: This is an incredibly fun and playful color! The base color is pretty close to Shiro's I Tried shadow (the latter is a touch more orange, I believe). In person these fabulous green sparkles come out and work really well with the base color. As I mentioned above I've been testing these shadows without reading site descriptions first, so I tried this over just primer and didn't have any issues with it aside from a bit of fallout. Over primer it's got a gorgeous soft shine to it. The green sparkles stick around to a degree but would likely be much more apparent over a sticky base. I didn't spot any purple sparkles when I was testing it out. No complaints about blending!

Purchase Link
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro Cosmetics Marauders, Mugwumps, and Muggles Eyeshadow Too Old Too Poor Too Dangerous

From the website: Despite any general shabbiness or moon related quirks/issues, the finest Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for which one could hope! Not too poor to have chocolate to share. <3

A very moon-y color, with a medium grey-taupe base overlaid by a lighter creamy sheen. Not too shabby after all. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, magnesium myristrate, methicone.

Personal Comments: This color looks so unassuming in the sample bag but it really took me by surprise. I've started testing these shadows without reading the site descriptions, so imagine my delight when what looked like a matte gray turned out to be a satin finish with a beautiful burnished taupey-gold sheen to it! The sheen came out moderately strong over just silicone primer - no sticky base needed. I give it high marks for blending: it softened nicely but stayed put, and the sheen stuck around. I didn't expect much from this one but now that I've tested it out I'm really excited to play around with it more. My only complaint about this color is it looked like it dropped a bunch of fallout, so make sure to do your eyes first when using it.

Purchase Link
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's an eye look featuring the two stars of the show:

Shiro Cosmetics Marauders, Mugwumps, and Muggles Eyeshadow

I started with UDPP and a base shadow in my skin tone. I laid down a foundation of A Free Elf and He Who Must Not Be Named in my crease, then did a halo eye with Have A Biscuit, Potter and Constant Vigilance! I also put NYX Milk on my waterline and patted the green and gold shadows on top of it in the same halo pattern. You guys, this is just over silicone primer. I am not amazing at eyeshadow and yet by some miracle the look turned out like this. I barely had to do anything to blend the green and gold together. I put in the tiniest bit of effort to blend the edges around my eye. These two shadows are magical.

And here's a much tamer look, if an intense metallic halo isn't your thing!



I started with UDPP and a base shadow in my skin tone, then patted Wizard Wheezes all over the lid and lower lashline. I deepened the crease and outer lower lashline with Too Old, Too Poor, Too Dangerous then again with After All This Time. I added You're Just As Sane As I Am to the inner corner (I'll review this one in an upcoming post!). I finished with tightline, mascara, brow pencil, and a nude pencil in my waterline.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, we're halfway done with the eyeshadows! Stay tuned for two more eyeshadow posts and a post on the face and lip products from this collection.

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment