Sunday, November 8, 2015

By Unknown


Blooddrop Clothing & Fineries
Sugar Bar 

Gah! We are only reviewing one product today! My mind is blown. I didn’t think I was capable of such. It probably helped that I didn’t buy this. This came as a sample in a perfume order AG completed. She passed it off to me, either because she hates apples or she’s just a weirdo. But her loss is our gain!


I’ve only tried one other sugar bar and was left bereft. The bar fell apart in the shower with me upon first use, just crumbled. It was incredibly disappointing. I had no hope for this one. I have a lot of scrubs though, so I decided if it was just going to explode on me, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

I was pleasantly surprised. I used it for the first time in a bath with an incredibly oily bath bomb that I had not realized was so oily, so I originally blamed it on the Sugar Bar. Luckily, I tried it again- it was not nearly so oily. It was also a softer exfoliant than I was expecting. It’d be really lovely for a daily light scrub and moisture, although I soap after I exfoliate.

And the smell! The sample came in “Apples & Bones,” which I have as a perfume sample in my collection.
“Crisp, clean, chilly and a touch creepy. Cold gala apples, pale bone musk and a breath of Autumn’s evening air.” 
It’s gorgeous. I have it marked as apples tinted with something akin to death. It’s a very bright apple scent with something very cold behind it. The scrub lost none of the scent of the perfume. It’s quite lovely, and fills my shower with the scent apples and cold night air. I do not see this as an offering on the website, but there seem to be other delectable offerings.



I have put off buying anything from Blooddrop for some months due to being so caught up in companies that were brought to my attention earlier. I am a little sad that I have ignored such excellent products for so long. Mayhaps in the New Year, we will find some money squirreled away to use on a more complete review on her sudsy offerings. How about you? Any Blooddrop bubbly goods you just love and can’t live without?

0 comments:

Post a Comment