Thursday, August 22, 2013

By AG
Hi everyone! Today I'm going to tell you about Pixel Bunny Cosmetics, a newcomer to the indie makeup scene.

I first heard about Pixel Bunny Cosmetics (link to the Etsy shop) about a month ago on reddit.com/r/indiemakeupandmore. I believe the shop opened not long before that. Pixel Bunny is run by a young woman named Nessie, and it seems to be off to a great start. The shop is 100% vegan.

Selection: Limited so far, but hey, the shop has only been open for a month! The stock currently consists of one Adventure Time themed collection containing six shadows. I got sample bags of all six. You can purchase sample bags, mini sizes, or full sizes, which is a great range.

Vegan shopping experience: The shop is 100% vegan!

Customer service: My order went smoothly, and my receipt had a sweet note written on it. No complaints here. I can't speak to how the shop deals with problems because I didn't encounter any.

TAT: Speedy! My order shipped three days after I placed it and arrived quickly. We'll see how the TAT changes as the shop's sales increase, but for now, it's very fast.

Availability of samples: Very good. I was able to buy samples of the full collection, and shoppers receive a slight discount from individual pricing for buying the group all at once.

Bonuses: N/A. Since I ordered everything the shop makes, I can't reasonably expect to have received any freebies. Though the package did come with very cute notepaper and hard candies, which you'll see in photos below.

What I love: This is a great collection! UNACCEPTABLE is probably the most interesting and unique, but I'm happy I own all of them.

What could improve: For better or worse, the shadows seem to be somewhat sheer and blend away to nothing when worn over bare skin. They turn gorgeously opaque and work beautifully over Pixie Epoxy, but may not be the best option for anyone who wants to just slap on some color without a base and have it look perfect.

Overall, this is a cute new brand, and I'll definitely be watching for upcoming releases! Here are some photos of my order. You can look at swatch photos of each individual shades in this set's Collection Spotlight post.



The contents of my envelope from Pixel Bunny Cosmetics. The toast at the bottom of the photo decorates a folded packet with the shadow sample bags inside.

As an example of product packaging, here's the sample bag for the shade UNACCEPTABLE, a beautiful satin yellow. Each sample bag is clearly labeled with the brand name and logo, the shade name, a list of ingredients, and a note as to whether it is lip safe.

Swatches of all the eyeshadows. Swatches were done over Urban Decay Primer Potion and Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. Photo was taken outside in direct sunlight. From lower left to upper right, shade names are as follows: Why'd You Eat My Fries?, Bacon Pancakes, I Steal Jewels, Fresh To Death, UNACCEPTABLE, Mathematical


0 comments:

Post a Comment