Thursday, August 29, 2013

By Kristin
11/25/2013: My Pretty Zombie opened their own website! Updated links

Let's talk about My Pretty Zombie! I'll admit, I was a tiny tiny bit freaked out when I pulled the plastic finger out of the box and I didn't really want to touch it but, dear readers, for you guys, I managed it. 

My Pretty Zombie does all of their sales through their Etsy Shop their website and they offer a variety of eyeshadows and 7 blushes (as of 8/13).


Packaging: I've already mentioned the finger but the rest of the packaging was pretty neat as well! The products came in plastic "blood bags" and one was closed with a plastic eye ring.

Plastic Sealed Jar

Products all come plastic sealed - I've mentioned in the past how awesome I think plastic sealing is but I'll mention it again just in case. It's awesome because it prevents any leakage during travel. Loose powder products can go everywhere.


Selection: 7 blushes all named after drugs and 52 eyeshadows (as of this writing). Eyeshadows come in a variety of finishes (glittery, shimmery and there are a couple mattes) and most of the blushes have a shimmer to them but they've just released a matte blush that I'm really eager to check out. One of their non matte blushes, called MDMA (a pinky gold, NARS orgasm-esque), is really popular among the indie community.

My Pretty Zombie also releases smaller themed collections throughout the year. We did a Collection Spotlight a couple weeks back on their Butcher Shop Collection.

Jar Size Comparison: Blush on left, Eyeshadow on right.
Blushes come in a 15g jar and eyeshadows come in a 5g jar.

Products are not all vegan but vegan eyeshadows have been tagged and you can search "vegan" in the store to see them.

Samples: My Pretty Zombie sells 1/4 tsp samples in baggies of all of their products for $1 each. You can either purchase them using a batch listing or by contacting the owner directly and having her set up a custom listing for you.

Quality: I've really loved everything that I've gotten from My Pretty Zombie. Everything is gorgeous and awesomely complex. The shadows apply smoothly and the blushes blend out to a beautiful sheerness.

Cost: A full sized eyeshadow is $5 each and a full sized blush is $8 but you can also purchase multiple in a batch listing or an entire collection and get a discount (usually 20% off). My Pretty Zombie doesn't have sales as often as other indies do but they recently had an awesome 33% off anniversary sale. Sales are posted on their facebook page.

Customer Service: Awesome! I asked a question via the Etsy contact form and I had an answer within 15 minutes!

TAT: There is no posted TAT but in a recent order, I received an "order shipped" email 5 days after the order was placed and it was in my hands 2 days later.

Personal Thoughts: The quality of all of the products that I've gotten so far are fantastic. I have a variety of eyeshadows (keep an eye out for those swatch posts) and blushes and I've really loved playing with them. I want MPZ to release more matte eyeshadows because their formula is amazing. They're creamy and smooth and the pigment is really vibrant. Their blushes are super pigmented and the eyeshadows with glitter are HUGE glitter bombs. I also love their blush naming convention! Each blush has the molecular diagram of the drug on the top with the name of the blush/drug under. Definitely check MPZ out. I'm a huge fan!

1 comments: