Tuesday, June 2, 2015

By Unknown




In my last review, I wrote about L'Aromatica's Kulfi perfume--when I was ordering my sample of Kulfi, since their samples are sold in packs of three, I needed two more scents to fill out the batch. Hello Delicious, a fresh green floral, jumped out at me immediately when I was perusing the catalog!

Price: $30 for 5 mL of perfume oil, $56 for 9 mL of perfume oil, or $60 for 1 oz of eau de toilette.
Samples: You can order 3 samples for $10.
(More details about price and shipping can be found in our Company Overview post about L'Aromatica.)
Description from the website: "A vibrant jasmine-infused fragrance with luscious, juicy green notes of kaffir lime leaf, key lime and galbanum with a whisper of white musk. The perfect summer floral. NOTES: Jasmine, Kaffir Lime, Key Lime, Galbanum, White Musk"

Hello Delicious goes on fresh and lovely, smelling like a cross between freshly cut grass and limes, but with a surprising smoothness even from the first whiff. Citrus topnotes and green, bitter galbanum can easily smell harsh or sharp on the skin, but L'Aromatica does a great job of toning down the more abrasive elements of this perfume so they don't shock the senses.

As it dries down, the citrus note recedes a bit, leaving space for the jasmine to come into the forefront. It's a sweet, mild, tame jasmine--nothing too stinky or indolic.

I don't like white musk much as a perfume note--it tends to feel too sharp for me, getting into my sinuses and making me wince back a bit. But it's only a faint, slightly soapy whisper behind the jasmine here.

Along with the creamy, sophisticated jasmine, the galbanum is still present in the drydown, smelling both fresh and bitter, like green leaves warmed by summer sunlight.

This scent is pretty, but I didn't find it to have great lasting power on me. My favorite stage is when it's still wet on the skin and the lime is strongest, as it feels very complex and fragrant at this stage; the jasmine seems to fade quickly, or perhaps I just become noseblind to it after a brief while, so it settles down fairly quickly into a soft floral aura around the skin rather than the lively, lime-bright presence it is when initially applied.

Personally, I'm not sure I would spring for a larger bottle of this because of how it wears down on my skin, going from green, bright, and complex to very soft simple white flowers, but I could see this being a favorite perfume for many people with different skin chemistry or preferences. It's a nice combination of floral, citrus, and green notes that I don't seem to encounter all that often in the indie perfume world, for whatever reason. It does feel like it would be a nice scent for summertime, as it's billed, but with its smooth jasmine note, I could also see it going along perfectly with a little black dress on date night.

Note: this scent is vegan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment