Sunday, June 14, 2015

By Unknown


Whipped Up Wonderful

Etsy seller Whipped Up Wonderful creates some wonderful bath products with touches of whimsy. Kristin sent me several links from their Etsy site before I finally gave in and bought 2 bath bombs and a bubble bar. The bath bombs are cute, but the bubble bars are real works of art. There are currently 15 for sale on her site and not one of them looks like an another. You have to love the beauty of them.


This particular company offers gift wrap for a small extra fee ($0.50) per bath bomb, using tulle, which can also be used to keep the flowery bits on some bath bombs in the tulle and out of the bath. Bubble bars come in two sizes - a more traditional size of 5 oz and a 12 oz size.

Kristin adds: One particularly cool thing that I noticed about this company is their Bath Bomb Club which is a bath bomb subscription service! You can purchase three months, six months, or a year intervals. It's a pretty hefty purchase but depending on the length of subscription, the bath bomb price goes down to around $6.50/each as opposed to $7.50 normally.

So let’s talk product and scents!

Plumeria Bubble Bar

A sweet floral combination of jasmine, lilac, rose, and lily of the valley with light fruity notes of peach, lemon, lime, and tart green apple
So, the instructions clearly state on the listing, “Tear off about a tablespoon of the bubble bar, and allow it to melt in your hand under running bath water…One 5 ounce bar makes 3-4 bubble baths.” I’m not a good listener. I took a knife to it and cut it in half. It turns out that you do not need a whole half of one of these bubble bars for a delightful bath. You really only need about a quarter. There was a lot of sediment in the bath from using too much. The water just couldn’t dissolve all of the product I put in it. It has the density and pliability of molding clay, which made it a lot of fun to play but harder to dissolve in the water, not impossible, just harder.

This had a beautiful light Plumeria scent. It was a great level of saturation, not too heavy, but easy to smell while relaxing in the bath. I loved the whole bar and would happily buy it again in this scent or another.

Purchase Link

Ocean Mist Bath Bomb

A complex bouquet of carnations, lily of the valley, and hyacinth; underlined by an earthy oakmoss and white musk fragrances. 
The seaweed in this one was ground up into the bomb. I’m not sure even tulle would have kept the little bits out of the bath. It was supposed to be a mellow, aquatic scent. It came out smelling like fresh laundry to me. It was a lovely smell; I’m betting I just have a weird nose. The oils were balanced for a soft bath that felt moisturizing without feeling like I had dunked myself in a bottle of olive oil.

Purchase Link

Ginger Peach Bath Bomb

A well-balanced fragrance consisting of warm ginger essence, combined with juicy peaches.
According to my notes, this one was slightly oiler than the previous, but I don’t remember it being a problem. This particular bath bomb smelled like a peach bath with ginger bits stuck on. If you are a ginger lover but not a peach lover, I would not suggest this. I maybe wouldn’t even suggest it if you don’t love peach. I happen to love the smell of peach and apricots. I would have liked this even more if the ginger had been apparent, but I did very much enjoy it.

Purchase Link

Final Thoughts

This has been one of my favorite indie bath bomb finds. I would not say that it is quite to the level of LUSH or FCS, but it is so close. And the bubble bars might actually be cuter than anything I have seen anywhere else. The balance of oils to salts and ingredients is great. I would like to see a little more fragrance in the bath bombs, but I do honestly think the bubble bar I had was perfect. I would happily purchase from this company again.

Kristin adds: For the month of June, the company is offering free shipping. Shipping of bath and body products tends to be on the more expensive side so this is a pretty good promotion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment