Friday, June 12, 2015

By AG
Hey everyone! For today's Random Product Review, I'd like to share one of my favorite rediscoveries, Femme Fatale's blush in Duskwing.

Femme Fatale Duskwing

Thanks entirely to the amazing community over at Makeup Rehab, I've been doing my own little blush challenge. What this means is I'm working through my blush collection and wearing a different one every day. I developed a major blush obsession a while back, and my collection of indie cheek colors ballooned to absurd proportions. My hope is to pare down my collection to a much more manageable size by destashing anything that doesn't perform well, doesn't look flattering, or looks too close to another shade. As a shameless plug, I've been tracking this blush challenge on my Instagram account, so you're welcome to follow along there if that appeals to you.

Femme Fatale Duskwing

As I've been working through this challenge, Femme Fatale Duskwing has been the biggest surprise hit for me. It had been so long since I'd used it that I couldn't remember how it looked on my face. As I looked at it in the jar I assumed it wouldn't do much for me, but then I put it on and discovered it's a perfect no-brainer blush on my NC15 cheeks. It's a shade or two darker than my skin tone and imparts a bit of peachiness, so it works nicely when I want some color, brightness, and definition without making blush the focus of my look. It's worth noting the blush is shimmery; I do see a few sparkles on my face when I get up close to the mirror but otherwise it has a very skin-like finish to my eyes. I'm not sure it would work for anyone whose skin is deeper than mine, but it's a very good option for me. I also find the longevity is better than average for my dry skin - I don't notice serious fading until about 12 hours after application.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment