Friday, March 20, 2015

By Unknown
Photographed in direct sunlight.

I haven't reviewed a lip product in awhile, so for today's Random Product Review I'd like to show you a Lip Twist from DreamWorld Hermetica in the shade Fantasy. Lip Twists are described as "Extremely thick, long lasting, moisturizing and highly pigmented," and are $4.99. There is no shade description for Fantasy on the website, but I would describe it as a hot pink with a purple sheen. It looks quite dark and purple in the tube but applies much lighter and pinker. I love the colour and the pigmentation, and while balm does feel nice, it suffers from graininess. I had to rub my lips together for about a minute to try and break up the chunks of product on my lips (the graininess might be visible in my lip swatch and product shot if you enlarge the image). I've heard of other indie tinted balms suffering from the same predicament and a remedy I've seen online is to microwave it a bit to melt it, so I may try that to smooth out the texture. Unfortunately if I don't find a way to fix the graininess, I probably won't be wearing this much, since it won't be ideal to bring with me for touch ups if I have to worry about that when re-applying.

Have you tried any of DreamWorld Hermetica's lip products? Let me know below in the comments!

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment