Thursday, April 10, 2014

By Unknown
Purchased

 

All That Sass is comprised of Kiss My Sass, colour cosmetics, and Suds n Sass, perfume and bath & body products. I was drawn to All That Sass because they offered a very wide range of products and specifically because they had many liquid and cream products, something I find to be rare in the indie world dominated by loose mineral powders!


Kristin adds: All That Sass is a recent joining of the two brands. Previously, they were sold on two different websites!

Packaging: 

My package was sent in a bubble-wrap padded envelope. My perfume oil samples were individually bagged in tiny ziploc bags and were all wrapped in bubble-wrap, and my colour cosmetics were grouped together in a paper bag with a funky pink zebra print.

Lower two perfume oil samples leaked a bit, but were contained in the bags
Some of the perfume oil samples leaked a tiny bit, but thankfully they were in individual ziploc bags so they didn't completely empty or leak all over the other items.

Selection: 

Kiss My Sass is the colour cosmetics range, and offers Bases & Primers, Cheek & Face (both loose powder and cream products), Eyeshadows (loose powder and cream), and Lip Products.

Suds n Sass is the Bath, Body & Home range, and offers Bubble Bars, Perfumes, Perfume Oil, Soap, Sugar Scrubs, and Wax Tarts.   

Recently All That Sass also revealed a line of Nail Lacquers.   

L-R: Sample pods of the Blank Canvas Eye Primer in Nude, Eyepoxy Cream Base in Little White Lies, Cherish Cream Eyeshadow, and Gwen Lipstick

Samples: 

One of my favourite parts of shopping with All That Sass was the option to purchase sample sizes. I was very pleased to be able to try some of the products to see whether or not they work for me before I commit to a full-size. 

Samples of liquid/cream products (e.g. lipstick, cream blush, eyeshadow primers) start at $2.50 for a sample pod (~0.5g net weight), loose powder products are $2.00 for a sample bag (~1/4 tsp in a 2" x 2"zip bag), perfume oil minis are $3 for 1.5mL without an applicator (currently reduced to $1.50), and perfume minis are $4 for 4mL (currently reduced to $2). 

There are also some in-between sizes, larger than a sample but less than a full-sized product. The eye bases and primers also come in $6 mini size jar (~4.5g net weight in a 5g jar), and cream blushes/highlighters come in a $10 small compact (2.5g net weight in a 29mm pan small black compact). 

Loose powder sample bags
Quality:

I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth and creamy the lipsticks and cream highlighter were since they looked a bit stiff in the sample pods. Unfortunately, the Blank Canvas Eye Primer was no match for my oily hooded eyelids and did not help to prevent creasing, but I find eye primers vary from person to person like skincare so it may work for you (I'm glad I was able to try a sample size first!). The Eyepoxy Cream Base also creased on me, but that wasn't much of a surprise to me since NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencils crease on me. I did however enjoy the cream eyeshadows, I found that when worn over a primer and set with powder, they did help to extend the wear and intensify the colour of my eyeshadow. I haven't tried the loose powder products yet, but Kristin's swatches look very promising.

Kristin adds: I really like their cream blush formula. It's blends down really easily and has excellent pigmentation. The eyeshadows are a little more hit or miss. Some of their eyeshadows with a matte-base are a little patchy on me (particularly the non-neutral shades) but others I've really liked.

Cost:

Full-sized products all appear to be under $20. I looked up the price of a full-sized Cream Highlighter and it was $18, which at first sight appears to be pricey, but keep in mind that you get 10g net weight for that price vs. Benefit's Watts Up! - $30 for 0.33oz/~9.36g, NARS' The Multiple - $39 for 0.5oz/~14.17g, and Stila's Convertible Color - $25 for 0.15/~4.25g. All That Sass comes out to $1.8/g, Benefit $3.21/g, NARS $2.75/g, Stila $5.88/g.

A full-sized Lip Glaze is $12 for 8g net weight vs Smashbox's Limitless Long Wear Lip Gloss - $22 for 0.1oz/~2.83g, Stila's Lip Glaze - $22 for 0.08oz/~2.27g, and Buxom's Full-On Lip Polish - $19 for 0.15oz/4.25g. All That Sass Lip Glazes are nearly half the price for nearly double the product. So you're definitely getting more bang for your buck with All That Sass!

All That Sass also has frequent sales usually around major holidays, so keep and eye out on their Facebook and Twitter pages to see current promotions.

Customer Service:

After I received my order, I found that I had mistakenly been given a sample pod of the eyeshadow primer instead of the mini jar I had ordered. I emailed the owner, Elizabeth, to double check just in case my sample pod was just incorrectly labeled or something but Elizabeth immediately apologised and offered to mail me a replacement. Since it was such a minor error and I didn't want to trouble her with the cost of mailing a tiny jar all the way to Australia (and since I'm a tree hugger, I'd hate to create more waste from having to package a tiny jar), I asked if I could instead add it to a future order, or if she would rather take care of it now so that she doesn't have to worry about it in the future. Elizabeth came up with a great solution, by emailing me an electronic giftcard (with no expiration date) for the price of a full-sized primer! Because of the time difference, our email communications probably took a day in total but I never had to wait more than 6 hours for a response. A+ customer service!

Kristin's fabulous swatches of Kiss My Sass Cream Blushes
TAT:

Processing times listed on the site are 10 business days for regular orders, and 30 business days for custom order. My package shipped 8 business days after I had placed my order.

Kristin adds: I'm located in the US and in a non-sale season, I received an order 3 days after placing it. Very fast TAT!

Shipping:

All That Sass offers domestic (US) and international shipping via USPS 1st Class or USPS Priority Mail. I created a $30 order with a few products sent to an American address and shipping started at $2.50. My order, sent to Australia, originally cost $13 but I received a $4 refund for the shipping cost. I received my order 9 business days after it had been shipped, which is faster than I expected.

Personal Thoughts:

I like how easy All That Sass's site is to navigate, it has a clean layout and is easy to browse the various products. I also like how a lot of the products (particularly the lip products) have swatches on the site so I can see the pigmentation and opacity, I'm very picky with my lip products and don't usually buy anything that's sheer since I can sheer it out on my own with a clear lip balm. I'm sure any indie lover will be able to find something from All That Sass that they would love, so I highly recommend checking them out!

Have you tried All That Sass? What are some of your favourite products by them?

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Pinterest, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment