Tuesday, April 8, 2014

By Unknown


After our Company Overview post about Possets, the owner got in touch with us and kindly offered to send some free samples of her favorites our way. This is the third of the samples I've tried: Field of Reeds. Like Hatshepsut, I believe this was released as a limited edition and made permanent after it was voted a favorite by Possets fans. (I wish the perfume had something to do with Kevin Costner, but I guess you can't always get what you want.)

Price: $12.50 for a 5 mL amber glass bottle of perfume oil with polyseal cap.
Samples: Available as part of a 6-pack for $12.50.
(More details about price and shipping can be found in our Company Overview post about Possets.)
Description from the website: "Relief and relaxation, paradise Egyptian style. Sweet sandalwood and two ambers, a touch of wood for reeds, and a kiss of golden musk, black pepper married with a drop of labdanum and this conjures the eternal happy golden light in which the elect must have bathed every day. A smooth and resinous sweet blend but with enough of the spice kick of a modern perfume to escape being downright primative [sic]."

My thoughts:
The first thing I smelled in this scent was heavy doses of soft, sweet amber. It's light, golden, and pleasant, and as it dries a bit, it starts to lean more dry than sweet, and the sandalwood notes waft out from below the amber: woodsy-fragrant, evoking incense without smelling outright smoky. While Field of Reeds contains mostly what I think of as deep, heavy, rich notes, somehow, it feels light and airy enough to me to float away. For a resin-heavy scent, it's very pleasant and approachable, a work-friendly amber scent if there ever was one.

If your skin tends to eat up scents, you may have to slather on this one, or apply it to hair/clothing/a scent locket--the flipside to its lightness is that after about half an hour, I could barely smell it on my skin anymore, just a gentle, clean wash of sandalwood that stays close to the body. Very moreish! It made me want to keep huffing at my wrists. I enjoyed this perfume a lot, and I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a light and attractive Oriental scent.

Note: this scent is vegan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment