Saturday, April 5, 2014

By Unknown


This week we're showcasing our favorite indie greens, the next shade in our Colors of the Rainbow series.


Lisa's pick - Lou Lou's Soaps, Scrubs & Scents' Lime Margarita 

I might not be into drinking, but Lime Margarita from Lou Lou's Soaps, Scrubs & Scents is far from boozy, and what's greener than limes? It's a tangy splash of limes, mandarin oranges, and lemons tempered with vanilla rum, sea salt and musk. It starts out sparkly sweet - it's more like a breath of a freshly cut lime dusted with a bit of salty vanilla. It actually reminds me of a lime square even though it's not a gourmand scent. The nice thing about Lime Margarita is that typically citrus scents tend to evaporate fastest, but it ends up blending really nicely with the vanilla-sea salt-musk base. The only downside is that it's not quite as juicy as I'd like. There's something breezy and beachy about the dry-down, and it lasts for a pleasant 5-8 hours on a good day. Zingy and bright, Lime Margarita is the perfect pick-me-up!


2 coats, no topcoat
Jeannie's pick - Emily de Molly's Golden Ratio

Back in April 2013, Femme Fatale Cosmetics raised money for surgery for a friend with PFO (Patent Foramen Ovale) by creating limited-edition specialty shades from their own brand and selling this gorgeous shade by Emily de Molly. In the last Colors of the Rainbows post I mentioned that I love yellow nail polish, so it should be no surprise that I also love green nail polish! This was my first Emily de Molly purchase and was a great introduction to the brand. Golden Ratio is a light minty green with a gold shift and fine shimmer. I know I'm a bit cruel to show you a very limited-edition shade, so I've tried to find some dupes - Cadillacquer's The Woods, Liquid Sky Lacquer's Spring Fever, Crows Toes' Green Thumb of Doom, and Girly Bits' What The Deuce?.



Kristin's pick - Scaredy Cat's Eire

I know it's a little too late to be talking about St. Patrick's Day but Scaredy Cat's Eire is exactly the shade I think about in reference to the Irish holiday. It's a gorgeous green shade with that pot-of-gold highlight that comes out in the right light. The gold really comes through in the satin finish and almost seems to glow. Eire is from this swatch post.


Valentine's pick - Detrivore's Formalin

My pick is Formalin, from Detrivore Cosmetics. Formalin, which was previously available as part of Detrivore's Graveyard Collection of neutral matte shadows, and may be available again via their new distribution deal with Shiro Cosmetics, is a beautiful deep matte olive green. I like its velvety texture and khaki-yellow undertones that make it look more complex and flattering to my skin tone than a pure emerald green might be. I don't have anything else quite like it in my collection! It's swatched here over Urban Decay Primer Potion.



AG's pick - Little Sparrow's Nature's Kiss

I've been raving about Little Sparrow's Lip Jelly formula ever since my first order from the shop, so I was so excited to see Jessica expand the line to include more unusual colors. "Nature's Kiss" is a fantastic grass green, and like the other Lip Jellies, it feels great on my lips and sheers out easily on skin. If anyone wants to dabble in green lips without spending too much money, I would definitely recommend this product. Check back soon for my upcoming review of the whole spring collection!


What are your favorite indie greens? Let us know below in the comments!

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment