Thursday, February 20, 2014

By Kristin
My interest in White Rabbit Cosmetics was first spurred by the name and the cute jar design. I have a bit of a soft spot for bunny-themed goods and though I was hesitant to try a company that was a little pricier due to their UK location, I'm glad that I did!


Packaging: 
Everything came in a plastic Ziploc bag inside the packing envelope. Jars were neatly shrink-wrapped and sifters were sealed.

Though I wish that the jars would have been secured a little better - so they wouldn't bounce around in transit - there was no leakage and everything arrived in perfect condition.

Selection: 
White Rabbit Cosmetics is a smaller company. They opened in October 2013 and currently have 35 eyeshadows listed on their Etsy shop though they have produced other eyeshadow shades that have since been discontinued.

In the past holiday season, they also partnered with Bunny's Beads to offer cute gift sets of an eyeshadow with a similarly-themed necklace. Though they're no longer offered, the collaboration put together some really cute combinations. Here are some pictures of the sets from the White Rabbit Cosmetics Facebook page.

Samples: 
White Rabbit Cosmetics offers 1/4 tsp sample baggies of their eyeshadows for $1.72USD

Quality: 
The products that I've tried have all been nice. Some of them are a little heavy with the chunky glitter but others -though still shimmery- have more fine glitter particles.
From a recent swatch post!
The eyeshadows seem to have more of a muted tone to them. Even the "brighter" shades are a little toned down and seem to have just a bit of grey to them. This isn't a bad thing. In fact it makes them more wearable but at the same time, it's definitely pretty different from the indie norm of bright and in your face with shininess. 

Cost
As I mentioned earlier, White Rabbit Cosmetics is a little more expensive for me since they're UK (specifically Glasgow) and the current GBP to USD conversion rate isn't very pretty.

Each shadow is currently priced at $6.87 USD and they also offer a 3 for 10 deal which is 3 eyeshadows for $17.17 USD. These prices may fluctuate as the exchange rates change. I'm not familiar with how Etsy handles currency conversions.

Customer Service
Nothing to report! I had no issues with my order and did not contact their customer service but from looking at comments on their Facebook page, it seems that White Rabbit responds quickly to inquiries.

TAT
The Etsy page states that items are "Ready to ship in 3-5 business days." I was really impressed by the TAT on this. I received a shipping notice 4 days after I initially placed my order and it was in my hands 9 days later. That's faster than I've gotten some packages from US indies.

Shipping
The shipping cost actually isn't terrible -a surprise I'll admit- each item ships anywhere (UK and internationally) for a flat rate of $4.46 USD with an additional $0.86 for each additional item. Also, White Rabbit Cosmetics has run free shipping promotions in the past. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for announcements.

Personal Thoughts: 
I was really pleased with this order. I paid for two "3 for 10 deals" and I was expecting to get six shadows but when the package arrived, there were 12 full-sized jars and several sample baggies! I'm not sure if I somehow revealed my blogging nature (I did write on my order to send their "favorite" shades) but it was a really nice surprise all the same.

Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and/or follow us on BlogLovin to get all of our updates!

0 comments:

Post a Comment