Saturday, November 9, 2013

By Unknown


After seeing several requests online for a before & after using Meow Cosmetics' Mineral Foundation, I've decided to muster up the courage and do it! This is a pretty big deal for me since really cannot leave the house without at least some concealer and foundation on, having always been plagued with less-than-perfect skin.



I generally have some acne and post-acne scars that I want to cover up, but I don't like extremely heavy coverage since it's usually very noticeable and I don't want to worry about having to touch up throughout the day. My chin is usually the most affected by breakouts, so that's where I need the heaviest coverage and I rely on concealer to do the heavy lifting. The skin on the rest of my face is (usually) relatively fine, so I don't want to cover that up too much. My personal test to see if I'm wearing too much foundation is if the freckles on the sides of my face have disappeared. My cheeks naturally have some pink in them, which I don't mind too much because that means I can use less blush. I chose an average-skin day (not the worst my skin has ever been nor the best) to show you the before & after and hopefully give a good idea of the coverage that the Pampered Puss formula provides. 

 

As you can see in the above pictures, the foundation has done a pretty good job at evening out my skin tone and reducing the redness of some of the problem spots. However they're not completely gone, so I like to go back and apply concealer to the particularly stubborn areas. The shade I wear is called Frisky Siamese, it's their 3rd lightest neutral shade. I chose the Pampered Puss formulation, which is medium layer-able coverage. To apply, I used the Body Shop's Minerals Foundation Brush. Underneath I'm wearing Face of Australia's Face Base Primer 3 in 1, SPF 15

Smiling whilst directly facing the sun and keeping my eyes open is hard! 

Here I've put on concealer (MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer in NW 20), to set the concealer I used NARS' Loose Powder in Eden, eyebrow powder (Meow Cosmetics' Brow Beater in Soft Brown), blush (I can't remember which one sorry! I think it was a Femme Fatale one), a bit of highlighter under my eyebrows & inner tear duct area (Femme Fatale Cosmetics' Archangel), and a tinted lip balm (that I made mixing Lush's Ultrabalm and a discontinued pink eyeshadow by Femme Fatale Cosmetics, Forever Lovely Rose). This is usually my daily makeup routine.


Have you tried any foundations from Meow Cosmetics? Let me know what you think in the comments! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment