Saturday, October 19, 2013

By AG

Hi everyone! Today I'd like to show you part two of Shiro's Halloween 2013 collection! We looked at part one, the repromotes of last year's collection, in this post. Today I'm going to show you the new additions to this beautiful set: two eyeshadows and one lip gloss.

I'm going to give a quick recap of a few points from the post on part one of this collection. The shadows have lovely jar art inspired by the movie, though I suspect the art stickers are only available on the full size jars. If you're considering purchasing minis but the art is important to you, I would recommend contacting Shiro to confirm whether the minis come with jar art.

If you like what you see, I'd highly suggest placing your order soon, because this collection is only available for the month of October! All products can be ordered individually from the collection's landing page, or you can order one of several different bundles on this page.  

Let's start with the two new eyeshadows:



From the website: Jack, please. I'm only an elected official here, I can't make decisions by myself! :C

Deep blackened grey-purple with coppery shimmer. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, silica.

Personal comments: This shade is inspired by Halloween Town's incredibly anxious mayor, who is at his best when everything's going well, and at his worst... the rest of the time. It has a very dark base, and though the official description notes a copper shimmer, I see RAINBOW SPARKLES. This is a fun choice if you want a dark shade with some interest - I bet this would make a fun liner color. Swatches done over Urban Decay Primer Potion and Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. Photos taken indoors under daylight bulbs.

Purchase link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




From the website: Zero, glowing spectral white - won't you lead my sleigh of fright?

Sheer, lightly metallic grey-red. Lip-safe!

Ingredients: mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, copper powder, silica.

Personal comments: This beautiful shade is inspired by Jack's faithful, ever-cheerful, spectral companion. And oooooh, this one is a stunner. I had to stare at it for a while to figure it out. It's a light gray (perhaps vaguely taupe-y) base with a very strong pink overlay. As I examined the swatch on my wrist, I could see the gray starting to peek out where the shadow curved around the sides of my arm. It's subtle but truly gorgeous. I tried to capture it in the collage above - take a look at the top of the swatch in the lower left corner of the image and the upper left corner of the macro shot, and you just might see the gray emerging. It's more noticeable in three dimensions, but it still might take you by surprise!

As if you needed any more reasons to buy this, look closely at the jar art drawing - Zero's nose is a jack-o-lantern :D

Swatches done over Urban Decay Primer Potion and Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. Photos taken indoors under daylight bulbs.

Purchase link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




From the websiteI sense there's something in the wind
That seems like tragedy's at hand...

Color: Deep burgundy with a purple sheen.
Flavor: Sangria.
Opacity: May be applied moderately opaque or built up to full opacity.
Stains: Will stain clothes but not lips - please use with caution!

Comes in a 15-mL tube with doefoot applicator.

Ingredients: hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, meadowfoam seed oil, cocoa butter, red 40, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, vitamin E, flavor.

Personal comments: This shade is inspired by Sally's song of restlessness and longing. The first thing I noticed about this gloss is that, from my perspective, it's darker than the swatch photo on the website - less red, more brown, and more vampy. The jar photo on the landing page is much closer to what I see, even when it's spread in a thin layer on my lips. I don't see the purple sheen mentioned in the website's description.

The first layer of gloss on my lips turned out a little more sheer than I was expecting, based on my experience with "This Is Halloween", the other Halloween gloss from Shiro. The swatch photo above is with one layer of gloss, so you can see the opacity for yourself. While testing out the gloss, I added a second layer to try to build to full opacity and - though I can't believe I'm saying this about a Shiro product - I was a little disappointed. The gloss color became somewhat richer, but it still had enough translucency to see that it darkened and emphasized my lip lines. The color is unusual and I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a vampy, moderately opaque lip gloss (based on Shiro's amazing gloss formula, if nothing else!) but I wouldn't say this is a must-have. Swatches done over bare skin. Photos taken indoors under daylight bulbs.

Purchase link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you think? Are any of these must-have products for you? Do you need a vampy lip gloss in your life? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment