Sunday, October 9, 2016

By Unknown
Lucky 13 Lacquer I am no man Nail Polish

Lucky 13 Lacquer 
Swatch Post Part 1 of 3

I spend so much time discussing how great my friends are, and this definitely stemmed from them. At Pride Fest this year, AG picked a bottle of “Always be a Fairy” for me. Obviously, I had to get more to try even more awesome nail polishes! So this will be a 3 part series of 2 swatch posts, and then a review of Lucky 13’s polish longevity products (base coat and top coats) as well as a brief overview of how I felt the polishes performed over all.

All nail polishes were swatched over Lucky 13’s Pop and Peel Base Coat, two coats of polish, and NO top coat unless otherwise noted. All photos were taken in shade or full sun unless otherwise noted. Photos of bottles were taken in a lightbox.

Lucky 13 Lacquer I am no man Nail Polish
Lucky 13 Lacquer I am no man Nail Polish

I Am No Man

Emerald green jelly with teensy gold flecks, fine and medium gold, and medium emerald glitters.
Personal Thoughts: This is a really smooth green that looked lovely. The glitter settles in bottle and needs a little extra manipulation to get on the brush completely.

Purchase Link

Lucky 13 Lacquer Murder Mystery and Mayhem Nail Polish

Murder, Mystery, and Mayhem

Purple crelly with silver shimmer and silver glitters in all sizes.
Personal Thoughts: This plays very similar to I Am No Man in appearance, just purple. It is a little richer in application. The glitter also settles to the bottom in the bottle and will need to be manipulated as well.

Purchase Link

Lucky 13 Lacquer Misfits of Mayhem Nail Polish
Lucky 13 Lacquer Misfits of Mayhem Nail Polish

Misfits of Mayhem

Dark red (warm) to blood red (cool) thermal with electric blue and silver holo micro shred glitters.
Personal Thoughts: (Taken in Shade and Partial Sunlight) This had a very odd, almost rough finish to it. I didn’t realize there was blue glitter in it until just now when I read the notes from the website. The silver glitter looked red to me. I used an ice cube to show you the thermal color. It was a much darker red where the ice cube was laid on the polish, and I really loved that darker color.


Out of Stock

Lucky 13 Lacquer Do As You're Told Nail Polish
Lucky 13 Lacquer Do As You're Told Nail Polish

Do As You’re Told 

Deep wine red with burgundy shimmer and black undertones.
Personal Thoughts: (Taken in Shade and Partial Sunlight) This was one of my favorites. This didn’t photograph that well for me, and I apologize. I was having problems getting a good photo of it, which sucks because I really love it. This is a great mid-tone burgundy for those days when you want a red that that exists between bright red and deep dark red. It will easily change between daytime and nighttime.

Out of Stock

0 comments:

Post a Comment