Sunday, October 2, 2016

By Unknown

Solstice Scents Summer

Solstice Scents 
Summer 2016

In some parts of the country, summer has already come and gone. But I am just now getting to tell you all about the awesome-ness that is the Solstice summer release. Backlog says what? I only bought two whipped soaps, but I’m really excited to tell you about both of them. So onward!

Tropical Moon Whipped Soap

Coconut, Tuberose, Tahitian Gardenia, Lime Essential Oil & Pink Lotus Attar.
This is lovely. It is such a clean creamy scent. And a total beach scent. I want to be in one of those open beach houses, showering off the sand in the sun in this scent. It is heavy on the coconut for me with little hints of white florals and the tiniest touch of citrus to add a hint of sunshine for you. I adore this in soap form, and I have a coconut friend that I think would adore this as a perfume. This is much more a coconut/white florals/creamy beach scent than highly citrus/pineapple beach scent. Consider that if you prefer one tropical scent more than the other.

Solstice Scents Summer

Manor Whipped Soap

Woody-Vanilla Musk, Vanilla, Agarwood
I have Manor as a perfume oil and as an EDP. And I am so blah about both of them. It’s a lovely scent, but it is just woody vanilla. There’s nothing else for me when it hits my skin. I understand that the love for Manor is like cult-level, and I want to have the same love too! But it just falls a little short for me in complexity. So I’d never bought it as anything else. I should have bought it as a whipped soap sooner.

The very first thing I smell is oudh. And then the woods and vanillas come to play. It is a more complex scent for me as a soap than it is for me as a perfume. You better believe I’m grabbing it as a lotion during the Autumn release. I would caution using this soap after scrubs that don’t always meld scent-wise- they do not always play nicely when you first open the whipped soap- there is occasionally a weird tang that you smell while your brain switches over between the two. But otherwise, it is wonderful. I’ll have to grab another jar or two at Autumn too. Because this one just might be gone by then.


Shown but Not Reviewed: Estate Rosewood

I had every intention of reviewing this for you guys, but there is something in Solstice’s tobacco note that causes one of two reactions- I either get a mild allergic reaction of a mass sneezing attack, or it makes my head swim. I was so excited to try this, and I couldn’t leave it on my skin long enough to get past the first initial sniff. This was a total head swim, and I just couldn’t get it to settle down in time to try and smell anything. My apologies for it being in the photo, but lacking a review.


Final Thoughts

Solstice Scents always delivers. They have tried and true scents that will absolutely beguile you into love and happiness. They are absolutely one of my favorite indie brands (probably tied for 1st with Future Prim). And I am anxiously awaiting next release. Just to let you know, they have said that come 2017, they will no longer be carrying whipped soap and will begin to focus on just perfumes, EDPs, and Burnishing Glaces. Sea Salt Soaks and Body Ganache Cream were not explicitly discussed, but assume the worst and hope for the best! If you are part of their Facebook group or have liked their Facebook page, you will have seen this already. We will miss you, Whipped Soap! You are, by far, my favorite of the indie whipped soap crowd. You will be missed!


0 comments:

Post a Comment