Sunday, January 24, 2016

By Unknown

Blooddrop Clothing & Fineries
Winter 2015 Product Review

It has been a bit of a comedy of errors in an effort to get things that I have ordered for the blog to actually get to me. Happily, my previously discussed Blooddrop Winter order made its way to me in time to be tried and reviewed for your perusal. Goodness knows where the other orders are, but I’m sure they’ll make it here soon. But on to more Blooddrop goodness!


Winter Fae
Bath Truffle

Sugared blackberries, frozen white rose, and breathy white fir.
When the Winter Collection was released, Kristin and I were chatting together and realized that we both wanted this and there was only one pack left. Happily, we agreed to share, both walking away with one to enjoy - most Bath Truffles come in packs of two but there are occasional exceptions which are made clear on the listing page. Rather silly of me, I decided to cut it in half and just use half for my bath. I should have used the whole thing. It was really lovely. The water was soft and smooth and just lightly scented. It dissolved quickly, before the bath was filled, and a respectable amount of bubbles came with it for a bit. They didn’t stick around too long, but I really enjoyed their silky feel and how comforting the water felt.


I’m a sucker for anything named after fae. I have honestly stared at a perfume before, knowing there was absolutely no way I would like it and still considered buying it, just because of its name. If this bath truffle were the fae, it smelled like she had housed herself for the winter in a frosted over blackberry bramble. It’s so softly scented, begging you to lean in and breathe deep, just like the muted smells of a forest in the middle of winter. I love this so much, and I’m really happy I have a half left, but I wish I had used the whole thing at once. Lesson learned.

Kristin adds: Currently out of stock because we bought the last one but there are other scents available.


Daft Girl
Bathy Bubble Bar

Sugared cranberries, crisp apple, and dark orange.
This was a pretty good bubble bar. I used half of it for my bath and it seemed a good amount for me. There was a righteous pile of bubbles in the beginning that I do not have a photo of because I was already in the bath when the bubbles were forming. I try to keep my posts mostly PG. I didn’t notice any kind of dry feeling to my skin, like some bubble bars to give me, especially to my face, which was nice. I should tell you though that the outside of the bar was a bit like a hard shell while the inside was soft and easily dissolved. The outside just took a little extra help. There wasn’t much debris in the bottom of the tub from the half of the bar, and it dissolved within the first few minutes of the bath anyway.


I have no idea what compelled me to buy this scent. I’m looking at the list of offerings, and I see at least two that would have been a better option for me buying by description alone. I’m betting it was the cranberries. I love the smell of cranberries in the winter. Now, before you think I’m setting up for a, “This was a lovely scent, just not a lovely scent for me,” post, I really enjoyed this. If someone came up to me, and talked to me about neroli oil and all of its benefits in helping with Seasonal Affective Disorder and telling me that it’s from orange blossom trees, I would have imagined something that smelled remarkably like this. This is not a bitter citrus; it’s a deep citrus that’s been sweetened with something that has more depth than sugar. I really loved this scent in the bath- it seemed a little lacking while dry.

Purchase Link


Sugar Plum & Jasmine
Flutter, Whipped Body Cream

No scent notes.

This is lotion’s answer to whipped soap. It is whipped lotion. It’s actually a pretty cool concept. Much like whipped soap, you will occasionally find little still-solid bits, but they turn into oil almost as quickly as the rest of the lotion does. And that was a bit of a problem for me. It turned into oil. Almost immediately. You can see from the photos that body heat quickly melts the lotion into an oil to be rubbed around. It’s pretty awesome, but my body is a bit of a bitch about absorbing straight oil. I haven’t touched lotion in a week due to catching a nasty cold and not wanting to get germs into lotion to percolate and reinfect me later. (I used a butter knife to get that lotion out for the photos. ^.^) It’s been about 5 or 10 minutes now, and I’m still waiting for it to finish absorbing. I’ll probably have to clean my keyboard to make sure the oils get off it.

Kristin adds: I picked up a Flutter in An Orange in Your Slipper and it takes forever to absorb for me. I've been using on my legs for this drier season and I've noticed residual oil up to an hour after applying - though with a heavy application. Something about this shea butter + coconut oil mix just doesn't want to sink into my skin.


This is such a gorgeous scent. The plum and jasmine married into this gorgeous fruity floral or floral-y fruit. It’s a perfect balance of one against the other. I would love to give more description but I don’t have other words for it. They blended beautiful into a single unique note, instead of attempting to outdo each other or stay unique to themselves. I really love the scent of this.

Purchase Link


Apple Cider Doughnut
Bar Soap

Apple cider and spice doughnuts dusted with cinnamon sugar.
This is a pretty awesome soap. I’ve only been able to use it once so far, but it’s already lost most of its ridges and is quickly becoming a normal rectangular bar of soap. This is not my fault. When I confronted Mr. J about it, he said, “I definitely have not been washing myself 2 or 3 times a shower.” Apparently, it’s a hit. This lathers beautifully and is great to use. It won’t last long, but I will love every moment that it does.


I have a sample vial of Apple Cider Doughnut from 2014. (Thanks, AG!) This smells EXACTLY like it. It even has that funny plastic smell at the beginning when dry that the perfume has for me in the bottle. But it opens up into that hint of apple being hit over the head with cinnamon and spices. I LOVE it. It is fantastic and probably second only to FP’s Pumpkin ‘Ead soap. They will both last about the same amount of time, which is way less than any other bar of soap has lasted.

Purchase Link

Final Thoughts

I loved everything in this collection I tried. There was nothing about this I didn’t enjoy. If you haven’t tried Blooddrop, I strongly suggest you do. I have very much enjoyed my experience with them and hope that I will continue to do so.


0 comments:

Post a Comment